Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Halfords professional socket sets - cheaper than ever

askgeez

Type 'socket20" for a further 20% off.... they are already half price.

I have the 150 piece one, really is top quality. IIRC, lifetime guarantee

Attachments

• 7c87ea98_b311_4e06_8b77_bfbd84951009_887.png
    7c87ea98_b311_4e06_8b77_bfbd84951009_887.png
    514.6 KB · Views: 9,248
NICE DEAL!!!!

I recently visit Halfords with broken bits and they exchange it for new ones without any question and what is even more as a surprise without proof of purchase.

:thumbs:

Good spot, Geez!

Quite a coincidence - I collected a replacement bit yesterday. No receipt and no quibble. I got my set on a half price deal two or possibly even three years ago and this is the first breakage (and I was giving it some - plenty of blood when it broke!!). The lifetime guarantee is great! :thumb:

I literally bought 3 new tool chests from Halfords last week (the black ones on the right), got a little carried away and refreshed some of my tools as well :)

Attachments

• 20190310_181038_resized_131.jpg
    20190310_181038_resized_131.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 9,195
  • 20190310_181047_resized_108.jpg
    20190310_181047_resized_108.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 9,195
  • 20190310_161538~3_resized_283.jpg
    20190310_161538~3_resized_283.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 9,195
Good deal. A shame that they still supply so many A/F sockets in the kits.

MC

Their professional range is great, I have a home set up similar to aded but maybe not so extensive! I do hope they survive the squeeze that is hitting bricks and mortar shops or that lifetime guarantee won't be worth much!

Worth noting if you can get hold of a trade card the discount is normally on top of any special deals like the one in the op.

Halfords get alot of stick, unfairly in my opinion. I don't think the pricing is bad and they carry a decent variety of stock. One of the few shops I don't mind browsing.

Rojdog said:
Their professional range is great, I have a home set up similar to aded but maybe not so extensive! I do hope they survive the squeeze that is hitting bricks and mortar shops or that lifetime guarantee won't be worth much!

Worth noting if you can get hold of a trade card the discount is normally on top of any special deals like the one in the op.

Halfords get alot of stick, unfairly in my opinion. I don't think the pricing is bad and they carry a decent variety of stock. One of the few shops I don't mind browsing.

I have a trade card, the discount is always based on the full price however you're right, the price is still cheaper than the sale price (although not always the case so check every time)... I also have a military discount card from my time in the Air Force and got another 10% off on top of the trade price... all 3 Tool chests were £760 Retail, Sale price £410. Trade price was £305, i got them for £270. Happy days :D :D

It depends on the offer, the 3 for 2 on the tray sets works with the trade card making them a bargain.

Best to look online at the trade prices :thumbs:

Good deal! Not bad stuff the professional range! I bought a full set of their professional range spanners last year for £40 in their sale, bargain :thumb:

Am another convert to their Advanced Professional Range.....haven't had to make a guarantee claim yet - but have only heard good things about how they treat people who do claim.

Also have the Halfords Industrial roll cabs - they are great. Have had some cheaper roll-cabs before (the drawer slides always seem to be a weakness, as is the thin metal, that flexes). The Halfords Industrial stuff is way better (some say its almost as good as snap-on - I cant comment, but is irrelevant as I will never be able to afford a snap-on roll-cab).

I have had one of their socket sets for over 21 years and it's still going strong, I have had to change a few bits here and there but it's always done without issue, you hand them the broken part and they just swap it for new. I only got questioned once when I exchanged a ratchet as the set is so old it preceded the "advanced" etching on it so the younge girl was a bit worried about doing it but when I told her how old it was she just asked the manager and it was changed no problem. Can't recommend them enough for a home tinkerer, top kit and they even stock quite a decent range of none standard sizes for when you really need a 42mm socket.

askgeez said:

Thanks for this :thumbs:

I use the Halfords torque wrenches all day long in my line of work and the quality is fantastic.

askgeez said:

Great spot! :thumbs:

I don't suppose anyone has a similar code to use on those lovely tool chests? :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back