Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brembo brake discs & pads vs OEM

DucatiRob

Looking to swap out discs and pads all round, my discs are quite grooved and braking isn't as good as I would expect to be! There are some good deals on eBay for the complete kit, Brembo front, rear, discs and pads for around £380! Was wondering if anyone has experience of Brembo kit vs the OEM Sebro/Textar set up?

Brembo motorbike kit is top notch, but don't have experience of their car equipment!

Hello Rob

Ive got Brembo on my 996 and not had a problem with fade or performance

Gary

Pagid discs and Brembo pads on mine. No issues.

Interesting stats here.

Attachments

• 1_eng_e1493063959413_154.jpg
    1_eng_e1493063959413_154.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 8,742
Brembo pads and discs on my Cayman, all good in the hood! Found them for a great price and figure the caliper manufacturers probably don't have anything against you using their discs and pads!

Thanks guys :thumb: sounds like Brembo are a good choice, even better that they are great value too! The quote I got from my local OPC for discs and pads they kindly gave me when it was serviced recently was eye watering £2k+ :floor: Nice easy job for the weekend too :thumb:

If they use same finish on brake 'hats" on all their range , you'll be happy.
The hammered grey finish on my Range Rover never faded or corroded in 4 years I had it. Conversely, the OEM ones were forever rusty, even on day I bought it from OPC, and they said 'they all do that" :x

I expect ECP will have one of their 50% offer codes available

I've put Brembo discs and Pagid RS29 pads on my 997, and they were a major improvement over the old discs and pads with some very old fluid - which the OPC plainly hadn't changed when I bought the car, as it came out black...

I was scratching my head and wondering at the time as I'd heard that Porsche brakes were incredible. As it turns out, my brother in the GP2 #19 on that list was outbraking me quite easily. So off I went and replaced the whole lot (including the brake lines).

Interesting that the 991 braking distances are longer than the 997....

And presumably all the cars running on stock tyres for the German market?

Max
The 997 is just a cracker of a car. Punches above its weight in a whole bunch of categories in my book. When you look at the company it keeps, it's phenomenal. To put it into perspective, it's near enough half a car length from top spot.....now that us impressive indeed :thumb:
10 years of braking technology in there too.

FZP said:
Max
The 997 is just a cracker of a car. Punches above its weight in a whole bunch of categories in my book. When you look at the company it keeps, it's phenomenal. To put it into perspective, it's near enough half a car length from top spot.....now that us impressive indeed :thumb:

That is quite impressive isn't it! Will be changing the fluid and fitting braided hoses at the same time as discs and pads, so hopefully it will be the best it can be. I know the brakes on these cars aren't overly servo'd, unlike Audi's and the like, and take a bit of getting used to, having just had all the suspension replaced, it seems like the right thing to do to :D

DucatiRob said:
FZP said:
Max

That is quite impressive isn't it! Will be changing the fluid and fitting braided hoses at the same time as discs and pads, so hopefully it will be the best it can be. I know the brakes on these cars aren't overly servo'd, unlike Audi's and the like, and take a bit of getting used to, having just had all the suspension replaced, it seems like the right thing to do to :D

FZP: agree 100%, its quicker than many a car rocking more power.

Ducati: you just need to remember that much like the rest of the car, the brakes need to be used. Use a firm foot and they provide massive confidence (at least to me, but maybe not one of my instructors who was pressing the imaginary pedal at one DE session... I don't know what he was worrying about, the car turned in).

Actually, reading that table again, 14th is incredible considering the other cars listed there!

I'm pleased to hear the finish is good on the hub, mine are starting to look a bit shabby! Really impressed how good the finish on the callipers are! Apart from a nasty chip on one, they look almost factory fresh, great considering they are nearly 14 years old now :eek: wonder what paint they used? Many some form of enamel! Anyone know?

I wonder what the impact of ECE R90 will be?

ECE R90 says you can't sell a brake pad for road use that doesn't perform at least as well as the original fitment.

So..... any brake pad you buy for your 911 now should be at least as good as the OE fitment. In theory.

I heard brembo aftermarket has a selection of compounds. Not sure about 911 fitment - are you getting the same compound as OE?

I decided to run textar pads on my 996 as they are the OE supplier for those.

Discs I would run grooved rather than OE style drilled on a road car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back