Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Project Blue Book

Yep Paul of course you're right, I must pull my finger out :nooo:
I haven't even started on the engine and box yet :sad:

We are both doing well thanks for asking. All good your end?

She`s looking good Chief, is your tin basher going to sort the Frunk and Engine lid out or are you doing them yourself :?:

Are you doing Oulton Park in March :?: I`ve dropped a clanger and missed getting a ticket, but am going to rock up even if I can`t get a spare or last minute dropout :grin:

Hi Kris,
we are going to have to attempt to shrink the panels back. The back boot has what we call 'Oil Canned' which basically means that you push the panel down and it doesn't pop straight back out. This will need heating and cooling fast to get that spring back. Mark will do this as i'm onto the smaller sub assemblies.
There are lots of them to sort what with the heating/Cooling system, door, bonnet, boot and engine lid catches, head lights, dashboard etc, etc.....
Engine and box will need addressing very soon along with the cash to go with them :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm sure that someone on here will post up that they cannot go to Oulton Park this year. I think you will be fine :thumb:
Not sure which car to take this time around. we did have a lot of fun in the Cayman :?:

Okay, so i'm going all Delorean.......

Who is playing you Chief?

MC

Whay, hay I'm famous 8)
I think if anyone was to play me it would have to be Ade Edmomson channeling Vivian off of the young ones :?:

Whilst the car is away into paint, it has given me the opportunity to refurbish a lot of the smaller components.

And after some cleaning, machining and passive plating.

Door check straps done.
Then onto the heater controls.

Cleaned up and ready for plating.

Just the face plate to sort out now. Not sure which direction i'm going in with the dashboard, so am leaving it for now.

All dashboards came in odd colours. I believe it was just down to what was in the gun at the time.

Found some interesting grafity that Hans at the factory did.

The dashboard front has some thin soft metal that is covered in fabric from the factory. This has various holes cut out for switches and would depend on the specification or customer order. It is then stuck to the dash with double sided foam tape. As usual, I don't want to do this!

After some considerable time with a file, I got the gauges face plate to sit flush with the dashboard. This will all become apparent later, honestly!

Holes now removed that I will not be using. These would normally be covered over by that trimmed metal mentioned earlier.

Some cleaning up and tin bashing saw the glove box lid fitting properly.

Just need some filler where the various spot welds from the factory are. Then I can look to paint.

A few photos to show how the body is coming along.

And finally. The door lock mechs back from plating.

There we have it for now.
So long everyone!
:bye:

That all looks amazing, what superb detail. :eek:

MC

Hi Chief,

Do Porsche know you're putting the 914 back into production? :grin:

The panel gaps look ace, as do the refurbed parts! :worship:

Cheers,
Paul

As always top work there Chief :thumb:

Thank you fellas.
Paul that made me laugh...
Adrian glad you sold quickly but knew you'd miss it!

Body progress. No real explanation required......

The body will be moving units at the end off the week. I shall have to travel some real distance to see it :what:
However, on the plus side there is a newly installed spray booth! This should give us the opportunity to get the clear over base just right :p

So, looking back up this thread a little ways, you will see i'm most of the way through refurbishing the heater controls. Well just for fun at my day job I did this :grin:

I know it won't be seen, but I just thought if a jobs worth doing and all that....
So long for now :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back