Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Newbie

Question: In the first image 'image_17.jpg", is it normal to have the handbrake lever tilted so far towards the driver seat? I might need to get this sorted although it doesn't really affect the functionality of it.

Really nice spec!! I have Schwartz Black with Marble Grey and have always thought about re-trimming to black carpets and tan seats...... those photos haven't helped!!!

I'm loving this topic. My 993 is black with a black dash and steering wheel. Carpets and seats are tan. I'd always assumed I had the low rent colour scheme (maybe because I started with a 996 where a similar interior was known as 'suicide savanna").

Now I find my car has moved from ugly duckling to beautiful. I have to say I've always liked the tan interior.

In the very beginning of my quest, my top pick is black on marble grey. After seeing the tan interior in person, I've to say it's a great color combo and I like it alot.

British racing green with tan interior is classic in my book. I think I've seen a 964 re-painted with this combo.

Jodes said:
Really nice spec!! I have Schwartz Black with Marble Grey and have always thought about re-trimming to black carpets and tan seats...... those photos haven't helped!!!

Thanks Jodes. Black with marble grey was my top pick at first. I still think marble grey is Porsche's classic interior color. It looks awesome with a black or dark color car given the contrast. I just looked at some of the marble grey interior pictures on the Net, they still got my nipples hardened. :D

Lovely looking car and great interior/exterior combo, really suits the car

Welcome, a very nice 993er wish you a good journey all the time

...........ohh, Hong Kong is a very beautiful city and driving a Porsche is a lot of fun.

Diddi said:
...........ohh, Hong Kong is a very beautiful city and driving a Porsche is a lot of fun.

Yes Diddi, it's a beautiful city but tons of traffic like central London all over. We can only find open roads on early Sunday mornings. Have you been to Hong Kong or you used to live here?

Ken

With recent non-stop rainy weather here in Hong Kong, I had only driven the 993 once since taken over the ownership. It was the time when I brought her home. Although it was only a brief 20 mile drive, I experienced heavy traffic and some open tarmac. The car is tight, but not as smooth as I anticipated. I knew the previous owner put her in storage for quite some time, so I didn't push her real hard. Like my usual practice on purchasing a used vehicle, I would change all fluids and get inspection on all critical systems before the real 'drive". Hence, I immediately made an appointment with my local Indy and dropped her off. I finally got her back yesterday. Here's a list of things that has freshen her up.

- Change engine oil with Porsche Classic Motoroil 10W-60
- Change brake fluid, clutch fluid, transmission fluid, differential fluid
- Replace oil filter, air filter
- Inspect and adjust all belt tension
- Inspect engine electrical
- Inspect and clean brake system
- Inspect A/C system and cooling fans
- Revert crappy short shift back to all original Porsche linkages and plastic bush
- Replace clutch master cylinder
- Replace double relay blower
- Replace distributor cap and rotor
- Replace oil pressure sensor

It feels like a completely new car. The engine and transmission collaborate extremely smooth. It revs freely at all power range. The unique sound of the aircool engine has put some big smile on my face. 

I am not a real mechanical person, but I told my Indy that I had some simple DIY projects to build up my confidence level. He gave me few other suggestions with helpful tips and proper encouragement. 

Attachments

• img_8015_975.jpg
    img_8015_975.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 2,193
  • img_8016_200.jpg
    img_8016_200.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,193
  • img_8017_194.jpg
    img_8017_194.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,193
  • img_8019_182.jpg
    img_8019_182.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 2,193
  • img_7896_191.jpg
    img_7896_191.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 2,193
  • img_8024_154.jpg
    img_8024_154.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2,193
Hi Ken,

I was in 1991 a few times in HKG there was still Kai Tak and I with Lufthansa! Very beautiful city and a little adventure if you wanted !

The Dizzy Caps /Rotors are exchanged - keep an eye on the belt and the bearings - before there's any trouble !!

Grüsse, Diddi

speedracer said:
Question: In the first image 'image_17.jpg", is it normal to have the handbrake lever tilted so far towards the driver seat? I might need to get this sorted although it doesn't really affect the functionality of it.

My handbrake does this. I wasn't sure if it was as per design or simply from time/use that is had been 'pulled' that direction!?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back