Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted entry level 996

I've been a bit of a lurker on here over the years, going through phases of trying to get into a 996, then being overtaken by more important things in life. However I am once again, like the poster here trying to get into my first 911, on a budget not much more than £8,500.

This post has made me pipe up...

alex yates said:

I called about this car just yesterday. Seller seems to have a lot of 996 Turbos and he took this C2 in as PX. Was written off in 2003 from a rear end accodent and has a peculiar tappet noise present for about 30 seconds at start up. Some reading online and a very detailed response from Hartec siggeests it's possibly overdue an oil service and he described the causes of the problem in great detail. However, overdue a service and no history doesn't fill me with confidence. Mileage does seem to check out though.

There is also this, with good history and in manual, yet the mileage is double that of the Tip above and is a grand more.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/254112913899

I suppose my 2001 C4 daily @ 9k was a bargain of the century then.. owned by a Porsche enthusiast and whatever it needed it got across many years... bags of history and looks allot for the money... already done 1k miles since buying it and needs nothing. Had a service and fresh Michelins at an OPC before i bought it and the last services for the last 6 years have all been OPC.
OK its a high miler but across the last 6 years that was all motorway miles....

9k money is everyday hatchback money and i've just sold my previous newer daily Merc to run the 911...

They are out there, be patient and strike quickly!

Looks very nice, but it's a bit more than I am looking to spend, but thank you

Emailed the seller the day it was listed, asking we he was so I could come and view the car and did it have any history? My reply was England and it has a full service history but he has a buyer. Something doesn't sound right somewhere

Those arse pimples!

Ha Ha! Yes the OEM warts!
Aparantly the super cheap silver aerokit one is a scam/hacked eBay account something like that: another forum member has checked it out and I can confirm the exact same car is on auto trader for 16.5k which sounds more believable than the eBay ad

Yeah I am a bit weary about buying a car off eBay that's why I am looking on here to try and find a car

Rjm2000 said:
Yeah I am a bit weary about buying a car off eBay that's why I am looking on here to try and find a car

Considering your criteria I'd suggest eBay is probably the best place to buy, outside of a trades auction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back