Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

...And use a LH directional drill bit if you really want to help success. They are a little bit more expensive, but worth it. Sometimes the drilling motion and heat will get the stud to move in the right direction.

I have some obsession with your build can't stop checking for more :p

Your and CLR are very motivate builds, I hope I will sort all my problems by the end of this year and do smoothing amazing with my C4S

Thank you for info!

Spacers can be made from Mild Steel then blackened - local company does it and the blackened skin protects it from the elements and also hardens the surface (bit like case hardening).

The finished effect seen in the black parts on this assembly jig:

qOrYuQG.jpg

I restoration guy I do work for also has many of his parts done in different protective coatings. I can get some options from him too if need be (chroming,etc.)

alex yates said:
I restoration guy I do work for also has many of his parts done in different protective coatings. I can get some options from him too if need be (chroming,etc.)

Sounds good. I'll drop a hub, disk , caliper, and pads off with you when I next see you :thumb:

MC

:thumbs:

Since I am looking at a brake upgrade, I thought I would source some uprights to make the job of checking spacers easier. I managed to get a pair of fronts for £70 and have now picked up this lot for £55.

They are even clean already.

MC

:floor: :thumb:

wasz said:
As a bonus, you will soon have collected all the parts to build another 996(!)

Too close to the truth for comfort. I have a full spare set of suspension and brakes, plus engine and gearbox, and many interior parts. If anybody sees a good rolling shell come up for sale, please don't tell me about it.

MC

If you don't need the rear hubs let me know as someone cross-threaded the caliper bolt on mine and it needs cutting off to change the rear brakes in the near future :thumb:

Creationblue said:
If you don't need the rear hubs let me know as someone cross-threaded the caliper bolt on mine and it needs cutting off to change the rear brakes in the near future :thumb:

The hubs are the one part I really do need. Keep your eye on eBay though, they do come up for decent money from time-to-time.

Masking material all removed, clips refitted, although there are still a few more to fit when they arrive. Subframes refitted. Need to bleed the brakes again next.

The cross piece has been refitted so that the car can be put back on it's wheels without the engine fitted. It is strongly advised that this is done and I can see why. There would be a lot of force trying to bend the subframes outwards without it.

MC

.......and trust me.......it's quite easy to shift that subframe out of position :oops:

Now that the rear is back together I can test fit the new wheels. It does look like they stick out very slightly further, but I plan to have the arches rolled so hopefully all OK.

New wheel from above

Standard GT3 wheel from above

Bear in mind that the alignment is a mile off.

Bleed the brakes again......

This photo might not look like much. But anybody who has fitted a new OSR brake pipe will know what is involved!!

All the wheels are now fitted. Need to remove the dashboard and reattach the handbrake.

MC

I didn't want a big contrast on the stitching for the new instrument binnacle cover, so went with a white thread.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back