Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who's got a golden rod, or RS linkage, or both?

Hi Guys,

The SSK along with the Golden Rod come in at $621.78(incl. shipping of $25 to my hotel SF) for a C2 but this does not include delivery to the UK. I picked mine up when I was over there and brought it home with me.

HTH

tyinsky said:
Jet Jock, what's in the SSK? Is it just the gear shift and fork? :dont know:

Hi Tyinsky, it consists of:

· RS Shift Lever (Modified Porsche Part)
· RS Shift Fork (Porsche Part)
· Stainless Steel Forward Rod
· Stainless Steel Rod Ends
· Stainless Steel Front Rod Mount
· Stainless Steel Hardware

Thanks Jet Jock 👌🏼🤟🏼
Much deliberation going on here. I think I'm going to do the rod first and keep the wider throw. On the upcoming States trip, my co driver has never driven a manual so may be easier further apart 😳

But, but you have to buy it all when you're over there tyinsky. Free delivery and no import duties, simples :)

+1 fir both of these, transformative effect ont the driving experience

Nice one Harry!

I'm interested in the goldenrod. The long shift action doesn't bother me especially as I have a C4 that needs modification with a hammer.

Sutton said:
The long shift action doesn't bother me especially as I have a C4 that needs modification with a hammer.

Apparently not with the new AWD version from FD Motorsport. I was put off previous versions for the same reason. Have ordered it, so will let you know how the install goes.... to :judge: or not to :judge: that is the :?:

harryk said:
ch3tman said:
Tobesetc said:
It's now $550 for GR & SSK plus postage.

https://fdmotorsports.net/shop?olsPage=products/fdm-awd-short-shift-kit-964993&page=3

All this chat, had to take the plunge!
The forum is dangerous at times :hand: it's been added to my 'to do' list now :lol:.

With so much interest we could've contemplated a group buy....

Don't forget that tip on postage Chet!

wonder why the 2WD version of the SSK is $50 more than the 4WD version?

Thanks Tobes - I look forward to the update. Good luck with the fitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back