Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 sports seat fitting

Nduli

I've currently got a pair of comfort seats with ruffled leather that are past their best and not very comfortable. They are fully electric with memory. For aesthetic and support reasons i've picked up a pair of sport seats from an 986 on ebay.

I'm hoping to fit them this weekend, after a lot of reading of various threads last night i still don't have a complete answer to a few questions

1) Is there a way to transplant the electrics from my fully electric seats to the sports seats so i have electric height adjustment. Is this something you'd recommend? i'm no spanners, i don't mind having a go and can generally figure stuff out but will be 10 times longer than an experienced mechanic.

2) even if i don't wire up the full electrics will memory work with just the electric back?

any other advice? other than disconnect battery, pint sized brew, patience?

Rich

Hi Nduli

You definitely can do this, but the only thing might be an issue is your seat base. I am not that handy with the spanner's either, but I basically split my comfort seats, retaining the base and electrics from them, and added the top half of the sports seats. The only issue I see for you is the ruffled leather seat base maybe.

Kilsoj said:
Hi Nduli

You definitely can do this, but the only thing might be an issue is your seat base. I am not that handy with the spanner's either, but I basically split my comfort seats, retaining the base and electrics from them, and added the top half of the sports seats. The only issue I see for you is the ruffled leather seat base maybe.

yep and thats the bit thats past its best. the sports also have bigger seat base bolsters which is what i also want.

I think i'll stay with the manual base, save the weight, add 20hp :D split the old seats and retain the electrics etc in case i ever want to tackle the opportunity in future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back