Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Newbie

speedracer

Hi all,

I just want to share my excitement with you chaps on my first Porsche, my teenage dream car -- 6-speed 993 C2S. It's metallic black with beige interior. There are not too many choices here in Hong Kong especially ones with original manual gearbox. It's a rare opportunity that a manual 2S pops up in this market. I was preparing to import one from the UK otherwise. This is a 4-owner UK car which left the country in 2008. Although it doesn't have complete history, but they are satisfactory to my extent. I also got a PPI with compression test at a local indy. The car is pretty much original except KW coilovers and stereo speakers.

Ken

Attachments

• img_7570_2_187.jpg
    img_7570_2_187.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 3,188
  • img_7558_2_511.jpg
    img_7558_2_511.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 3,188
  • img_7557_387.jpg
    img_7557_387.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 3,188
what a beauty, timeless.

Congrats on fulfilling your teenage dream!

Stunning looking car, only ever seen one black/tan for sale before, and that was quite some years ago by 911 Virgin...maybe it is that car?!??

Dread to think what it is costing you to own a car like that in HK, I've heard it is expensive??

Enjoy every minute....just given mine up :sad: :sad: :sad:

:welcome:

Congrats ..... it looks stunning ...... enjoy the experience of owning a 993 to the max ....... I think there is a good Porsche community in HK ...... hope you get involved ...... :thumbs: :)

that's very cool. I have a 4s in Hong Kong as well. Keen to see you about!

Very nice indeed. Congratulations on the purchase and fulfilling your teenage dream.

NIBrown said:
Stunning looking car, only ever seen one black/tan for sale before, and that was quite some years ago by 911 Virgin...maybe it is that car?!??

Dread to think what it is costing you to own a car like that in HK, I've heard it is expensive??

Enjoy every minute....just given mine up :sad: :sad: :sad:

:welcome:

The previous owner got the car through a trade called Hayward in Kent in 2006. It had 38000 miles on it and he paid 29500 quid. I guess it answers the other thread when the 993 price bottom out. When the previous owner acquired the S, a third party consultant performed a PPI with detailed report too. I'm quite impressed with it. Then, he's kept the car for 13 years.

I feel 50 pounds lighter after the transaction, but you only live once. Why not?! :D

I bet once you got your home improvement project sorted, you'll get back into a 993 in no time. :thumbs:

madalaa said:
Congrats ..... it looks stunning ...... enjoy the experience of owning a 993 to the max ....... I think there is a good Porsche community in HK ...... hope you get involved ...... :thumbs: :)

Thanks and will definitely participate more. :thumb:

adrian993 said:
that's very cool. I have a 4s in Hong Kong as well. Keen to see you about!

Definitely. What colour is your 4S?

Extremely classy colour combo - years ago I set out seeking the tan interior as the preferred choice!

Congratulations on fulfilling your dream 8), something I can also relate to! Look forward to seeing more pics :)

ch3tman said:
Extremely classy colour combo - years ago I set out seeking the tan interior as the preferred choice!

Congratulations on fulfilling your dream 8), something I can also relate to! Look forward to seeing more pics :)

Here's a few images for your viewing pleasure. :D

Attachments

• image_12_201.jpg
    image_12_201.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 2,865
  • image_11_659.jpg
    image_11_659.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 2,864
  • image_15_462.jpg
    image_15_462.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 2,864
  • image_16_154.jpg