Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

prep and paint north manchester

Nduli

after giving my car its first clean this weekend after a salt ridden road trip to caffeine and machine i noticed rust on the rear of the front wheel arches (where the tyres have created road rash).

anyone recommend somewhere north manchester (I'm Bury / Ramsbottom) who has experience of working on 996s and who won't charge me an arm and leg....i don't mind paying for good work but i've got loads of other jobs i want to do this year :D

Road and Race is used by OPC Wilmslow and Bolton. You won't find much better.

Wowsers, that's some quality work. Will use this guy in the future.

The quality is fantastic. Someone's just keyed my lads 650i and he'll be doing that for him in a week or 2. He's a really sound genuine guy too.

Thanks for the heads up. Got a couple of slight scuffs that I can live with for the time being (just settling into ownership after the initial mechanical issues) but was looking for somebody I could trust with the paintwork. :thumbs:

FZP said:
Road and Race is used by OPC Wilmslow and Bolton. You won't find much better.

yes they were recommended yesterday via another reliable route. :)

Steff said:
http://www.burtonmotorcompany.co.uk/

Ian Burton is a one man band, old school paint shop. I haven't used him for the 996 but he has done extensive work on my classic Alfa and did a great job.

excellent will go take a look, thanks.

alex yates said:
They'll be very expensive though.

I use this guy and he's bob on:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=125702

He's called Simon. If you call him tell him I put you on you him.

alex, thanks will give him a call. with him being mobile would you have the access you need to get in and get to arches properly do you think?

Would've thought so. He'a a mechanic too and knows his stuff.

alex yates said:
Would've thought so. He'a a mechanic too and knows his stuff.

could be my man then, probably get him to sort out the scuff on the 535d as well after someone left a large deposit of paint on my front bumper......

You won't be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back