Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GOODBYE OLD FRIEND

NIBrown

It is today with regret that I can confirm my forever car has been sold....never to be seen again :nooo:

Unfortunately it had to go to fund a building project!

Thank you so much to Simon of Cameron Sports Cars for their professional and honest service and for finding me a buyer in this less than ideal Brexit mess we seem to be in!
I will certainly consider them when I get back into some pork.

Thanks to everyone on this forum over the 9 years of ownership, a wealth of knowledge and some true enthusiasts.

I'll still be lurking around in envy until I manage to get back on the pork ladder :thumb: :D

Photo attached from end of October when I last drove the car to Bath and handed over the keys :( :sad:

Attachments

• img_1094_185.jpg
    img_1094_185.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,106
Commiserations NIBrown.... Been there done that, though my wife loves he new home extension... You know what they say.. "Happy wife. happy life."

But have to admit that while the addition of new large kitchen, utility, cloak room, en suite, new dining room, sun room, patio, paving and Tarmac on the forecourt, I am reasonably happy too as I built a new large garage in the process :thumb:

Was it worth it.. :?:

Well it shows brexit has absolutely no bearing on buying or selling Porsches :thumb:

Car looked stunning ,hopefully you will soon be back in one

Well done on the sale, although it is a bittersweet event. I really like the team at Cameron. They maintain my 993

Luddite said:
Commiserations NIBrown.... Been there done that, though my wife loves he new home extension... You know what they say.. "Happy wife. happy life."

But have to admit that while the addition of new large kitchen, utility, cloak room, en suite, new dining room, sun room, patio, paving and Tarmac on the forecourt, I am reasonably happy too as I built a new large garage in the process :thumb:

Was it worth it.. :?:

Thanks Luddite, although I am gutted and will miss the specialness of the car, it is kind of a relief to not have the responsibility of looking after it since the prices shot up!.

It was a lot of money to have sat around in the garage and will be put to good use in building or new house :grin:

I'm sure one day I'll find another special Porsche to put in my garage once I build it......hope you do too :thumb:

hopeydaze said:
Well done on the sale, although it is a bittersweet event. I really like the team at Cameron. They maintain my 993

Agreed :thumb: , it was a pleasure dealing with them

Hooner said:
Well it shows brexit has absolutely no bearing on buying or selling Porsches :thumb:

Hooner, I think the sale was a bit slower than perhaps it would have been in the summer, certainly some uncertainty out there, but I still had reasonable money for it despite all the doom and gloom.......result :thumb:

rottenbend said:
I am in the same boat

I sold my car outright to the trade late last year.

Currently for sale here: https://www.pearceanddale.co.uk/showroom/porsche-911-993-carrera-s-manual/

Will make a lovely car for someone.

Priorities change and time moves on. If I had my time again I wouldn't change a thing.

Enjoy whatever you use the money for.

Thanks Rottenbend,

The money will be put to good use :thumb: yours was a lovely example too.

You still got the 356 I remember seeing you post a few years ago?
It was you wasn't it? or is my memory failing me?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back