Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paddles

JASON280

I have a 2004 996 turbo..can anyone tell me can you swop from the buttons on the steering wheel..and have paddles fitted instead?? If so .any idea on cost to supply and fit...any advice appreciated.

This is a popular conversion, you need a manual 3 spoke 996 steering wheel to do it, most people pick up a second hand one and get it retrimmed and thickened at the same time, it's a few hundred quid plus the cost of the second hand wheel. I'm sure someone who has done it recently can advise you of exact cost, Royal steering wheels are a great retrimmer, they can probably do the whole job but I have manual so no experience

JASON280 said:
I have a 2004 996 turbo..can anyone tell me can you swop from the buttons on the steering wheel..and have paddles fitted instead?? If so .any idea on cost to supply and fit...any advice appreciated.

Have a look at this;

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97582

Had mine done by Edition 9 in Bolton great guy to deal with quick turn around by post. Much better than pressing the originals and I had them covered in leather to blank them out. And don't forget in a tip you can't get 1st gear the car sets off in 2nd only unless in manual! 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back