Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Have I put my speed yellow 996 up too cheap at £12,500??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had a few offers since Monday one from a dealer (looks at his items for sale and lots of cars) £8000, and 2 of £10,000 and that was with my poor description and proberbly not genuine buyers since making it over eBay rather than coming to view the car but still we're heading in the right direction and not a million miles away from the £12,000 that I really want

Got to love the traders that throw these low ball offers in. It must actually work sometimes.

Just had an offer of £11,000
Thinking I might hold out for £12,000 still as only been on 5 days 🤔

Ricky, you say you are not very good at selling, maybe this is all a master plan, you seem to be doing a very good job of creating a lot of interest in your car, 4 pages so far on here, and offers on ebay!!
Well done, surely a sale is not far off!!

I'm not good at selling full stop haha, yes there's 4 pages but the first 3 pages of comments are awful so I don't think this post would help the sale in any way but the help I've been given with the template description and needing better pictures are priceless 👌

Hi Ricky

Just searched ebay and taken a look at your updated advert.... I missed the original version, but have got the gist from this thread. I see its now using the improved words and that you have updated some photos (now with a respray shot).

A couple of further slight improvements and I think it will definitely encourage people to come and view it - which is often half the battle. Suggest you:
1) Update the pictures - I know you don't feel they are that important, but to many people, buying a Porsche is a bit of a present to themselves, so they want to feel good about it. Hence jewellery is always beautifully presented in a nice display box etc. - it doesn't change the actual item, but it changes how people perceive it and its value
2) You copied Wasz's excellent template - however I think he intended you to add details yourself where he wrote "(needs date and mileage age for each)", rather than copy those actual words into your advert. So suggest you delete that bit and add the date and mileage against each bullet

Overall, the advert looks to be improving and hopefully the weather is picking up, which should allow better photos and also often stimulates the sports-car market.

Good luck with the sale......

God I'm terrible at this didn't realise I'd left that but in with"date and mileage" 🙈😂 yea will be adding the actual dates and mileage's when I'm home tonite to have a look at papers and book as still away with work at the min thanks for the heads up like wide with the new pictures

Best of luck with the sale, OP. All criticism was made with your best interests at heart.

Rickyhull said:

£10900 when you take off wasz sales commission.

UncleP said:
Rickyhull said:

£10900 when you take off wasz sales commission.

🤣 very true 🙈

It seems strange to not to accept an offer of 11k then reduce the price to 11.999 with an offer of a cheap part ex. :dont know:

What's strange about wanting the £12,000 it's up for so not accepting £11,000???

Yes will take a cheap px if it helps the buyer as long as I can get the money for the car ie £10,000 plus a £2000 golf as long as I can get £2000 for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back