Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

For Sale - DSC Controller (PASM Upgrade)

160dmb said:
Is this fit and forget in a 997.2 C2s or does it need updating?

The v1 model is for all Gen2 997s and does not need updating.

It's also the piece of kit for Gen1 997Turbo.

Thanks T8

Do the Gen2 Carerra cars need the acellerometer in addition or was it standard fitment by then?

The price is £675 delivered which should help loosen the noose that some seem to have ready for me :grin:

Scholester

Scholester said:
Do the Gen2 Carerra cars need the acellerometer in addition or was it standard fitment by then?

The v1 is a straight 'plug in' for all Gen2 997s

T8 said:
Scholester said:

The v1 is a straight 'plug in' for all Gen2 997s

Thanks for the clarification T8 :thumb:

Sorry to those of you who have PM'd me and have been given incorrect information. Accelerometer only required for Gen 1 Carerra cars.

Scholester said:
Thanks T8

The price is £675 delivered which should help loosen the noose that some seem to have ready for me :grin:

Scholester

That's a good price for the unit, a bargain for anyone who wants to transform the stock handling,

I bought mine from PZero and it has improved the handling of my car ....

I was a bit skeptical initially, whilst hopeful that what the lads on here had advised would improve the handling over stock, but my car now feels a lot more positive around the front end and so far seems to have settled the small instances that I ' noticed' an untoward feeling but couldn't quite place my finger on what had happened...

so +1 vote for the DSC module mod....its got to be one of the best mods out there....AND so easy to fit if you can lie upside down in the passenger footwell for a few mins ... :grin:

911TEL said:
Scholester said:
Thanks T8

Scholester

That's a good price for the unit, a bargain for anyone who wants to transform the stock handling,

I was a bit skeptical initially, whilst hopeful that what the lads on here had advised would improve the handling over stock, but my car now feels a lot more positive around the front end and so far seems to have settled the small instances that I ' noticed' an untoward feeling but couldn't quite place my finger on what had happened...

so +1 vote for the DSC module mod....its got to be one of the best mods out there....AND so easy to fit if you can lie upside down in the passenger footwell for a few mins ... :grin:

Glad it's working out well. :thumbs:

Sounds like I should get round to fitting it myself!

Scholester said:
Sounds like I should get round to fitting it myself!

I was wondering why you had not actually fitted it?

If you are keeping your car and you have noticed any little odd moments where you thought that the car could have taken a corner a bit tighter , or a sweeping bend a bit more planted , I would at least fit it and try it out , you will probably notice the difference straight away..

it its literally a 10 minute job to install , plug n play as all have said ....

try it .... see if you can bear to remove it afterwards.....

TBH, I had my eye on these since I first heard of them being fitted on a Cayman that one magazine contributor installed and had glowing reports on it ...I am glad I bought mine , even better that it was a pre-owned bargain ...

go on........

Terry

pzero said:
911TEL said:
Scholester said:
Thanks T8

Scholester

Hi Malc,

I hope all is well with you ....

I meant to drop you a line after I fitted it to thank you and concur with all that has been stated about the DSC, laziness and circumstances delayed it, so thank you again for the module and as my car is now back out of its temporary hibernation and getting some use again, I am very pleasantly surprised in the behaviour of my car now..

I think its fair to say , that its quite surprising how this has taken a 3rd party manufacturer to improve the handling of a car like the Turbo or any 997 for that matter.....

cheers,

I think The Scholester needs to fit it and try it before selling , try then decide .... get some pressure on him too ...

911TEL said:
pzero said:
911TEL said:
Scholester said:
Thanks T8

Scholester

Hi Malc,

I hope all is well with you ....

I meant to drop you a line after I fitted it to thank you and concur with all that has been stated about the DSC, laziness and circumstances delayed it, so thank you again for the module and as my car is now back out of its temporary hibernation and getting some use again, I am very pleasantly surprised in the behaviour of my car now..

I think its fair to say , that its quite surprising how this has taken a 3rd party manufacturer to improve the handling of a car like the Turbo or any 997 for that matter.....

cheers,

I think The Scholester needs to fit it and try it before selling , try then decide .... get some pressure on him too ...

Good to know that it's cutting the mustard for you Terry.

Just for the benefit of others reading this thread and perhaps wondering why I sold my DSC module, simple really, I moved out of my 997 GT3 and 997.2 Turbo which the module was previously in, and changed to my current 991 GTS.

I currently also have one for sale. As Terry says 'one swallow doesn't make a summer' just cause one guy offloaded one at £600 (half price!!) that shouldn't devalue the units especially as they hardly deteriorate, they have no moving parts and are fitted inside the passenger side footwell and take less than 5 minutes to install.

As everyone says they are without doubt the easiest and most effective suspension upgrade you can do, it's a bit like swapping a Sinclair ZX-81 for a Pentium processor, the differences are incredible and noticeable immediately in all driving conditions. Try driving your std car round town with sport activated and then fit the module and try it again.

I think I will hold on to it chaps. The reports are too good and I wouldn't be able to sleep in the knowledge that I had made a few quid on it.

Nick has said that he is selling his so hopefully anyone interested can prize it out of his hands at the same bargain price.
:thumbs:

I priced mine at £700, thought it was a fair price as they're £1000 new.

I'm selling mine as and when I sell my car.

easternjets said:
I priced mine at £700, thought it was a fair price as they're £1000 new.

I'm selling mine as and when I sell my car.

Seems very fair Nick :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back