Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 vs 991.2....Best residual?

AA3751

So I've just been browsing latest current prices on C2S models in both 991.1 and 991.2s. 991.1 seem to be around the £65k mark for a lower mileage one if not a little more and just under £80k for a low miles 991.2....

Question is, which one would you have? Will the 991.2 drop much more in value when the 992s are delivered and if it does will the 991.1 take a hit too?

Hardly any 991.1s on for sale just now! But definitely some decent 991.2s...

Thoughts appreciated....

All 991 Carreras are depreciating. Early models haven't got as many £££s left to fall but will be older / higher mileage. Like any mainstream make of car, age + mileage = depreciation.

Unlike most (all :?: ) other mainstream marques they depreciate slowly each year and are still relatively valuable when they stop.

I'd drive them both and buy the one I prefer. Don't expect any sudden changes when the newer cars appear.

Magic919 said:
I'd drive them both and buy the one I prefer. Don't expect any sudden changes when the newer clars appear.

+1 See which you prefer. Each evolution is better than the last, so the 991.2 in theory is the better car, but you also have turbo v NA to consider.
GLWTS :thumb:

I was in my local OPC yesterday, they had a 991 GTS inside, brand new with the finance example on the window. The monthly payment was listed as £340. Intrigued I had a closer look as it sounded too good to be true..

The deal was £59k deposit, 36 payments of £340 and then a balloon of £61k, max 8k miles pa.

I nearly laughed stupidly. Someone must buy these cars like this. How much will a 991 GTS be worth to the OPC in 3 years (not private sale value)? £70-80k?

So you put £60k down, spend £12-13k in payments over the term (call it £75k for ease of reckoning) and for your £75k investment they will take your car off you and give you £10k back (70 (value of car) - 60 (balloon)).

Am I missing something because this seems like abysmal value for money..

:dont know:

A total of 132k purchase price for the car if you wanted to keep it at the end or £65k to effectively rent it for 4 years and give it back.

Either way ........ :eek:

I don't imagine any people buy the car exactly like that. I expect lower deposits and higher monthlies would be far more common.

Just bought a 991.1 C2S with 29k and 1 owner, from OPC with 2 years warranty for £58k.

Sport Chrono
PSE
Sport design kit
High spec.

There are quite a few about.

AA3751 said:
So I've just been browsing latest current prices on C2S models in both 991.1 and 991.2s. 991.1 seem to be around the £65k mark for a lower mileage one if not a little more and just under £80k for a low miles 991.2....

Question is, which one would you have? Will the 991.2 drop much more in value when the 992s are delivered and if it does will the 991.1 take a hit too?

Hardly any 991.1s on for sale just now! But definitely some decent 991.2s...

Thoughts appreciated....

AA3751 - unfortunately none of us have a crystal ball when it comes to residuals but here are my own thoughts.

I was in the same position as you a few months back and what I spent on my 991.1 4S, wasn't far off what a 991.2 2S would have cost.

In the end I plumbed for the 991.1 for the following reasons:

First of all, I figured that after all those years building amazing naturally aspirated engines, the 3.8 in the 991.1 ought to represent the zenith of its type, whereas the 3.0 turbo had only just been launched and as great as Porsche are at engineering, there was possibly a small risk of teething problems with the newer engine.

Although the 3.0 engine in the .2 car had a slight edge in overall performance stats and power could be accessed lower down the rev range, I preferred revving out the 3.8 and the phenomenal sound it makes when you do.

Given that the 991.1 marked the last of the NA engined cars, I considered that a low mileage example would likely be more of interest to buyers in the next 5 years, than an early 991.2 with the turbo motor, especially as the 992 with all its upgrades was just around the corner and anyone sold on the idea of the 3.0 turbo might just gravitate to one of those over the 991.2 (no disrespect to .2 owners - just not my choice at the time).

Finally, I was looking for a specific spec of car (with 14/18 way seats) and although still rare, there were a few more of those available in the .1.

When all's said and done, whichever 911 makes you most happy is the one to buy - if you enjoy the time you spend in the car, that counts for more than a few ££s in residuals.

HTH :)

ragpicker said:
I was in my local OPC yesterday, they had a 991 GTS inside, brand new with the finance example on the window. The monthly payment was listed as £340. Intrigued I had a closer look as it sounded too good to be true..

The deal was £59k deposit, 36 payments of £340 and then a balloon of £61k, max 8k miles pa.

I nearly laughed stupidly. Someone must buy these cars like this. How much will a 991 GTS be worth to the OPC in 3 years (not private sale value)? £70-80k?

So you put £60k down, spend £12-13k in payments over the term (call it £75k for ease of reckoning) and for your £75k investment they will take your car off you and give you £10k back (70 (value of car) - 60 (balloon)).

Am I missing something because this seems like abysmal value for money..

:dont know:

We need to know the sticker price of the car inc options to know how abysmal it is.

It is a fact that the APR on OPC finance is high and one could do a lot better with external finance.

Otherwise, the only difference between buying the car this way and buying it outright is the finance cost (less the opportunity cost of not keeping your money invested if you bought it outright).

The OPC is guaranteeing you £61k at the end of 3 yrs, with 24k miles on the clock. Given that the 992.2 may be out by then and depending on what sort of economy we are facing, it may seem like a reasonable offer!

Re: 991.1

coopertrooper2001 said:
Just bought a 991.1 C2S with 29k and 1 owner, from OPC with 2 years warranty for £58k.

Sport Chrono
PSE
Sport design kit
High spec.

There are quite a few about.

Nice, which one was that ? Been watching the prices too and there seems to be a few more early 991.1's coming up for sale now.

So here's a conundrum....

What would you take for both resale value and pleasure of owning

1. 991.1 C2S high spec car with PSE Chrono Sunroof etc

2. 991.2 C2 non S moderate spec car but still with PSE and Chrono

Both at the same price and very similar miles.....

Thoughts welcome :puh:

AA3751 said:
So here's a conundrum....

What would you take for both resale value and pleasure of owning

1. 991.1 C2S high spec car with PSE Chrono Sunroof etc

2. 991.2 C2 non S moderate spec car but still with PSE and Chrono

Both at the same price and very similar miles.....

Thoughts welcome :puh:

991.1 for the NA engine, PSE and red calipers 👍

The 991.1 S is the most underated 911 ever, presuming it has the PSE, proper epic, no offence to .2 owners, but its a one horse-race.....

You buy a 991.1 (particularly in S form) for the amazing, howling & wailing naturally aspirated engine. You buy the 2nd gen because it's newer and has more low down torque. The end. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back