Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S 40,000 mile service

MR997

Silverstone
Could someone detail what's included in a 40,000 mile service please. Cost from reputable indys is circa £500 so is it a simple fluid/filter change or is it more involved?
Thanks.

It will tell you in your book as to whether your due a minor or a major. You can the google whats included and costs from OPC as a starting point as it's fixed price

How old is the car? A proper 40,000 mile service is meant to be year four.

It should have had a minor/major alternating every two years (e.g. minor 2011, major 2013 and so on). Plus plugs, PDK fluid, brake fluid and drive belt at various intervals.

Have a look at 9 Excellence's website for some clear details and prices.

All in theory, but these things tend not to get done perfectly. So if you can, find out whether it has had new spark plugs at year 4 (£360) and PDK fluid at year six (£174), a new drive belt at year six (£120). It will probably need a brake fluid change (£84).
All this on top of a major service which 9 Excellence (just as a respected indy example) charge £384 for plus the above items.

Beware - some indies quote prices before VAT for some reason.

Then there's the usual wear and tear items after ten years which may drain your wallet further. Hope this helps.

Watch out for air filters too. I have a feeling they are another of the add-ons. And don't get me started on the airbag check or the aircon servicing. Did I forget the tyre goo replacement?

DeMort, I see PP's prices are quoted before VAT. It clearly says that at the top, so that's fine, but I do wonder why it's done that way (I know you fix the cars rather than the prices!). Maybe PP has lots of VAT registered customers.

Thanks for all the replies. The car has had all the major/minor services done to date, first by opc's latterly by Indys. It's had plugs, belts etc although I can't find specific reference to PDK oil change but i thought that was supposed to be at 60000? The car has been off the road over winter ( I know, boo hoo) and its due mot. It's last service stamp was the end of 16' so it's due it's relevant service and I want to keep it up to date.

I think the PDK clutch fluid should be changed at 60,000 miles or six years, whichever comes first. There is a separate PDK gearbox oil change (PDK has two separate oil chambers) at 120k or twelve years, again whichever comes first.
If an '09 car hasn't yet had a PDK clutch fluid change, I'd ask for it to be done, personally.

All the above is what my indy (Brookspeed) told me.

MR997 said:
Thanks for all the replies. The car has had all the major/minor services done to date, first by opc's latterly by Indys. It's had plugs, belts etc although I can't find specific reference to PDK oil change but i thought that was supposed to be at 60000? The car has been off the road over winter ( I know, boo hoo) and its due mot. It's last service stamp was the end of 16' so it's due it's relevant service and I want to keep it up to date.
It should have had 2 plug changes in that time. If not I would absolutely get it done ASAP. If they seize in there and snap, you're in for a big bill. My plugs were done exactly per the schedule, and it took a week of penetrating oil baths in the heads to get them out. Something to do with carbon deposits and the plug thread projecting into the cylinder.

Mine is 2009 and booked in with OPC (fixed price) of £580 (service, brake fluid, tyre sealant and belt check).

Here you go: https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessor...vice/serviceandorgininalparts/servicepricing/

Note: The fixed price menu is avaiable "at participating centres only' so do check and confirm the booking under under the fixed pricing.
All prices at OPC include VAT.

Once you add the VAT to indy prices, across many models and type of services, the OPC is a no-brainer. It will carry out a Vehicle Health Check and quote for work at a discounted labour rate fixed price valid for 3 months (no pressure to have it done there and then) contrary to myths about getting clobbered with advisory work at £190/hr.

Brake fluid is not included in the fixed price, nor poly belt change. The former is £90 inc VAT and I think the latter is £45 inc VAT going off memory. Brake fluid at indy is typically £75 à— VAT when taken with a service = £90 inc VAT. So any perception of indy servicing is 'main dealer servicing at half main dealer prices' needs to be established at the outset.

PDK oil change and spark plugs change are priced separately and not included in the fixed price menu pricing just to make you aware.

It is my understanding thar if any patches or upgrades to the PDK software are required your car will be checked and the upgrades applued free or at nominal price.

Counter Of Beans said:
DeMort, I see PP's prices are quoted before VAT. It clearly says that at the top, so that's fine, but I do wonder why it's done that way (I know you fix the cars rather than the prices!). Maybe PP has lots of VAT registered customers.

I have no idea .. i can tell you that when i buy tools from my snap on Van he gives me the price .. i then buy it and look at the invoice .. yup its pre vat so the item is more expensive than i thought and what i was told .

Basically a lot of trades do this .. not sure the reason but it does show what the garage earns and what the goverment takes from you .. that is kinda important .. you ACTUALLY see what the garage makes on things like this .

Indys as a rule of thumb are half the price of a local opc .

PDK clutch fluid is every 6 years .. at and after 2014 it becomes every 12 years ..

After a recent conversation and a problem we have had i can say there is NO filter change .. they do have one but its not changed on a PDK fluid change .

PDK gear oil is changed at 12 years and is normal 75/90 .. but the front diff ( if fitted ) uses a PTX 75/90 oil .. this has special additives so is not a normal oil at that grade .

This is changed at 12 years .

Basically the gen 2 are just getting to this age so worth noteing down what i have said as we have just had our first one in for this 12 year service !

Counter Of Beans said:

Unlikely re: VAT registered customers. I can only guess its to make the work appear cheaper. And for those who are not accountants, it is nothing to do with showing customers how much the indy is giving to the tax man from your invoice.

VAT payment to/from the tax man is the difference between VAT paid to suppliers on purchases minus VAT received from customers.

All main dealers I have used for my other cars quote VAT-inclusive prices and split out the VAT on the invoice. Why indys dont do this is an enigma. Perhaps an ICAEW or ACCA accountant can shed some light on this practice by indys?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back