Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who's got a golden rod, or RS linkage, or both?

The Goldenrod is a copy of the RS rod. When Jackal amd I did mine the Goldenrod was considerably cheaper than the RS one.
Gert's deal seems a bargain.
A precision u/j is available at an extortionate price and appears to be a std VW part.
If fitting to an early car the boot will need to be changed to the later type. I think the update was 1996.
http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/993/993_diary_2010.html#goldenrod

Endoman said:
The Goldenrod is a copy of the RS rod. When Jackal amd I did mine the Goldenrod was considerably cheaper than the RS one.
Gert's deal seems a bargain.
A precision u/j is available at an extortionate price and appears to be a std VW part.
If fitting to an early car the boot will need to be changed to the later type. I think the update was 1996.
http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/993/993_diary_2010.html#goldenrod

It would certainly have been cheaper to order a Goldenrod - however as going for the upgraded rod was a last minute decision while the car was in for its service, I didn't totally begrudge the extra £100 or so... better forward planning though is always a good idea!

Your post though has just cost me half an hour+ on Jackal's forge - so clear, readable and unpretentious. fabulous stuff :worship: I wonder what happened to his 993 - I presume someone on here or PH now owns it :dont know:

i think I paid about 330 for the RS shift rod - but that was maybe 3 years ago. Now 600??????? that is crazy

I just asked Gert to quote me for the long rod and the SSK, he quotes 600 euro for the rod, so I dont think your getting the long rod in you package for 200 euro tyinsky :-(

The plot thickens hey.

Here is what I know. All prices are from Porsche without any discount or VAT.

Gearlever 964 424 015 08 £101.84
The fork 964 424 017 01 £27.88
The long rod 964 424 020 82 £572.12

I'm thinking about modifying my standard rod, the only difference between the standard rod and the RS is the universal joint, literally a £10 to £20 part that can be purchased very easily and welded onto the assembly instead of the rubber donut thing.

The plot I have lost!

Gert kit does not have the rod. That bit is £600.

I've just ordered a 'golden rod' from FD in the States which will work out about half that. $353 including delivery (+ whatever customs add when it comes through).

Fork and lever I will pick up from Porsche.

:bonk:

That so many are saying it is a very noticeable mod encourages me to do it. Can't say I have much of an issue with the way it is now but when you jump out of a modern Porsche, especially one wit a short shift, it is a veeeerrrrry long throw.

tyinsky said:
The plot I have lost!

I've just ordered a 'golden rod' from FD in the States which will work out about half that. $353 including delivery (+ whatever customs add when it comes through).

That so many are saying it is a very noticeable mod encourages me to do it. Can't say I have much of an issue with the way it is now but when you jump out of a modern Porsche, especially one wit a short shift, it is a veeeerrrrry long throw.

Hope my info was helpful in working it all out, its a bit misleading that photo and the description.

Heard many good things about the golden rod, I have just installed RS engine mounts and changed to redline gear oil, so want to see what improvements they have made to the change before embarking on further changes to the shifter. Look forward to hearing how you like it.

Was very helpful. Managed to get Gert to cancel before it was shipped – if I'd not seen your post I would of been disappointed when it arrived. :thumb:

I also bought the RS Transmission Mount from Gert, great addition too. Where does this affliction stop??

tyinsky said:
The plot I have lost!

So youve got the FDM golden rod. What about the short shift? Is that only the fork and lever from Porsche needed to get the short shift?
The Short Shift from FDM is $300 so im a bit confused now :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back