Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Have I put my speed yellow 996 up too cheap at £12,500??

Status
Not open for further replies.
£12,500 for a 20 year old/133k mile C4 in a private sale given the current slow market sounds about right to me.

GLWTS

Thanks I thought it was a fair price given the 25k of general work done then the further £5000 of work I've had done etc seen sonearound the £9000-£10000 mark that haven't had much done and are tips and in poor condition

As above, it sounds about the right asking price though the colour change may put some people off which would be enough to stop them calling/coming to see how good a respray you've had done. You've got to be prepared to either sit & hold your nerve on price or be prepared to accept a sensible cash bid - I saw a C4 manual with about 115k miles sell 18 months ago within 48 hrs of listing for under £13k that had really good history (in its original colour of Lapis blue). Yours is all about the colour I think. GLWTS.

PS IMO you need some better pics of the car for the ad when it's clean on a sunny day as they don't do it justice at the minute.

PPS - rather than list how much you've spent, it might be worth listing all you've done maintenance-wise on the mechanicals as this might offer comfort to would-be buyers & have copies of the invoices ready to support it all, including any pre-repaint pics.

Rickyhull said:
Thanks I thought it was a fair price given the 25k of general work done then the further £5000 of work I've had done etc seen sonearound the £9000-£10000 mark that haven't had much done and are tips and in poor condition

Not sure whether that would be a selling point or not. If I was the buyer, I would be thinking 'money pit'. The pictures are not sharp and your feedback score is low. Those few things alone, could put people off. Its a good price but I would be worried. GLWTS

Yea I agree I got one bad feedback (first ever in 10 years) from a completely unreasonable buyer. Also agree on the pictures too hopefully we get some nice weather soon, the paint job was a very expensive one full glass out doors off handles out bumpers boot bonnet off etc cost me thousands but really love the speed yellow

If people can give there opinions on it it's on eBay £12,499 for the search

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-...ent-in-maintenance-Take-cheap-PX/264224390479

Why not put an ad on here too then we can see it and comment?

The link to your ad was removed but in the spirit of 996 owner fellowship I searched ebay and found it.
Someone else mentioned taking some better pictures, maybe somewhere more photogenic than your driveway and without the hosepipe and other stuff lying around.
However the big thing I noticed was when I ran the reg number to check MoT status. The number of fails and advisories since 2012 suggest previous owners have tried running this car on Mondeo budgets. One of the worse is the 2016 fail on both rear tyres below the legal tread limit. On a 175 mph rear-engine sports car!! Even now the Dec 2018 MoT advises one of the rear tyres is close to the limit. Personally I wouldn't take my tyres below 3mm on ANY car, let alone a 911.
I know these fails and advisories have been fixed each time, but why let them get to that state in the first place?

As for cosmetics, I love the colour but my first thought when I saw mention of the respray and aerokit was why not instead a new set of Michelins?
And the gap between the last two Feb 2016 and Nov 2018 MoTs? What's that about if you're such an enthusiast but only owned it for a couple of years?

Just my thoughts on seeing the ad and what would concern me as a potential buyer, questions I'd ask and reasons why I might not bother calling in the first place.

And finally leave out the house sale below market as any detail like that makes me think you're a desperate seller so straight off I'm going to come in with a low-ball offer.

The pictures are dreadful imo. The first ones are of the car with silver cayman S alloys and no rear spoiler then all of a sudden the last photo it suddenly has the rear aerokit spoiler and black and silver gt3 alloys.
Photos and write up sell a car.
If I was looking your lack of attention to detail would definitely put me off.
Sorry but that is some very honest feedback which I think you need if you really want to sell the car.
If the car looks like it does it the last photo get some decent pics done and the car will sell as someone will want a yellow aerokitted car.
Glwts!!

Imho.... The colour change is a complete no no. Coupled with the high miles I just can't see it above £10k.

I sold my 996 on here...albeit 5 years ago.. I had tried autotrader and pistonheads.

Sold it around this time of year after it being up for sale before Xmas. I had spent a lot on mine too and was determined to get a decent price. :thumb:

Dombo I appreciate what your saying but couldn't be further from the truth, the previous owner had a huge 1m house, a Maserati, a few old merc sl's, rs4 and bmw 1M, this was his daily driver he had far from spent mondeo money on it he alone spent £10000 in maintenance on it I guess maybe the tracking was out which word the tyres out within a year of him fitting new ones

Jimmyp I agree looks loverly with the gt3 wing and gt3 wheels but there's £2500 nearly worth of parts so removed to sell them seperatly as otherwise I'd technically need to list it for £15,000 which nobody would want to change.

I appreciate the colour change is an issue for some people how ever the genuine factory speed yellow ones are north of £15,000 from what I've seen (have had 911s for 10 years) and still sometimes not perfect condition, so this although not being a factory original colour the quality of the paint is second to none and will certainly be in better condition that a factory speed yellow one that's had 20 years of use scratches chips and dents etc but for at least £5000 less which is almost what the paintwork cost me

Coupled with the fact that pretty much everything that's wear and tear has been replaced I think £10,000 is maybe a bit harsh you could spend £10,000 on one without an aero bumper and skirts but a 'factory colour" then wax £10,000 fixing things so your then £20,000 into a £10,000 car

Rickyhull said:
Dombo I appreciate what your saying but couldn't be further from the truth, the previous owner had a huge 1m house, a Maserati, a few old merc sl's, rs4 and bmw 1M, this was his daily driver he had far from spent mondeo money on it he alone spent £10000 in maintenance on it I guess maybe the tracking was out which word the tyres out within a year of him fitting new ones

This is possibly a bit *****, but in that case I would specifically list the most recent and most expensive work done. I had your ad open and next to it the MoT history, so I'd want to see those worse fails mentioned as being fixed.
Good photos and good descriptions get good prices. Look at JR Motor ads as an example.
Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back