Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 GT3 Collection and first impressions

:goodjob:

My final lingering thoughts of changing cars may well have just been put on hold until after we get back from our next EuroHoon. I'll follow you though as you're the one with a decent PCM.

Black Forest here we come. :Dance-Tap:

Great plate too. :thumb: Far better than the old BMW one. :D

askgeez said:
Big Grin.

So turns out that John Holland (an established dealer in Sheffield), only opened their operation at Rennsport this week. I was their very first customer , and this was their first handover !

That makes sense. I was thinking what's he going at Rennsport when he's buying off a Sheffield dealer :floor:

Great car to pick up though matey...did you get much trade in for the missus :?: :thewife:

G2 said:
did you get much trade in for the missus :?: :thewife:

We divorced, i had to give her 50/50, even though the kids are with me 24/7. :wall: :wall:

She bought a small flat , I bought a Defender 90, some lovely floor standing B&W speakers that I have been coveting for a few years... and a GT3 :floor: :floor:

Life is way too short ! Was already in that mindset after losing my younger brother at 45, then someone close to my girlfriends family was killed instantly last friday, 2nd day into a boys skiing trip, age 48, same age as me :-|

Welcome to the asylum. Surely the very best way to travel. :thumb:

Great looking motor Guy :thumb:
As you are not coming to Dinslaken/Spa I could give it a good run for you ??
Enjoy it mate, as previously said life is short and there are no pockets in shrouds :?

diverzeusy said:
Great looking motor Guy :thumb:
As you are not coming to Dinslaken/Spa I could give it a good run for you ??
Enjoy it mate, as previously said life is short and there are no pockets in shrouds :?

still 50/50 on Dinslaken. Got hotels reserved on refundable basis. No shuttle yet. Basically , about to receive a job offer, and its totally down to what i can get away with as the new boy :thumbs:

ragpicker said:
Lovely!

Are you keeping it standard or doing a few subtle mods?

Only thing so far is the DSC pasm controller. Strongly considering Rothmans livery of some kind.

Doubt if Ill do any mods, ticks a lot of boxes as it is... its low enough, and loud enough (for now), so doubt i'll put sharkwerks on the exhaust :grin:

Always fancied painted seat backs , some carrara white would be nice, break up all that dark carbon , especially now there are no ankle biters scratching their shoes up and down them.

Attachments

• img_2069_936.jpg
    img_2069_936.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 3,731
Great write up Guy. Reminded me of when I picked mine up last year. Driving it back home was a series of huge grins interspersed with the odd wow when I had the opportunity to floor it.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at Badgers Mount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back