Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Lights and Centre Reflector

dvaughan79

So I finally took the plunge and order a full rear light set-up!! Ouch :eek:

I'm trying to fit the rubber/foam gasket that looks like it sits under the Centre reflector - part no. 96463114801

Does anyone know which way it fits, I can't seem to see how it lines up.

Thanks in advance

Think I've got it. The pic is with the reflector upside down.

There's a little ridge that the part sits in, might need some adhesive though.

Attachments

• b1ad9e9e_092b_45ff_ba5b_fe754e09f461_929.jpeg
    b1ad9e9e_092b_45ff_ba5b_fe754e09f461_929.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 5,423
Any pics of the finished product? It's on my list too...

dvaughan79 said:
So I finally took the plunge and order a full rear light set-up!! Ouch :eek:

I'm trying to fit the rubber/foam gasket that looks like it sits under the Centre reflector - part no. 96463114801

Does anyone know which way it fits, I can't seem to see how it lines up.

Thanks in advance

Hi, the new lights don't use the gaskets. I had the same 'issue' when I bought the new bits.

There was a recent thread on one of the Facebook groups with images if you want to see them.

IGNORE THIS, I DIDNT READ YOUR QUESTION PROPERLY

Steve :frustrated:

That rings true with me too. I think the earlier lights did have a seal all the way round, but not featured on later variant. A good thing as it allows air flow and stops moisture getting trapped behind the light unit. Your pic shows the rubber seating part which stops the light unit bouncing around. Great to get in amongst this sort of stuff. At the other end of my car a new bonnet seal is on the 'to do' list...but there's a few things ahead of it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back