Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC 992 Preview nights

Loads of posh nibbles and free drink, a couple of speeches and an unveil of the new car(s) - there's normally 2 or 3 and sometimes a freebie bag (brochure, stickers etc).

They're always great fun.

I've been to a few before, I can't remember what they are like. :whistle:

MC

MisterCorn said:
I've been to a few before, I can't remember what they are like. :whistle:

MC

Ha ha, yeah get the Mrs. to drive. There's free booze on the go. Not beer but bucks fizz type stuff and wine. But it's manageable.

They're pretty good events tbf, you'll enjoy it if you're a brand fan. Loads of new metal to look at and a fair bit of decent totty. Think Waitrose and milfs :wink:

Re: Launch events at OPC

AngusG said:
Hi all

As a customer of OPC East London I've been invited to their 992 launch event, and was wondering what to expect. What does it involve and is it worth going to?

Cheers!
A
They didn't blooming invite me. :pc:

Need a Plus One? :wave:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Loads of new metal to look at and a fair bit of decent totty. Think Waitrose and milfs :wink:

PMSL... brilliant. I'll make my way there then...

6appeal said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Loads of new metal to look at and a fair bit of decent totty. Think Waitrose and milfs :wink:

PMSL... brilliant. I'll make my way there then...

I'm off to Waitrose
boobies.gif

:grin:

nigel99 said:
Magic919 said:
Guildford is 21st March.

I'll be there. Invite arrived on Thursday.
Should I be insulted Guildford didn't invite me :dont know:
Given I ordered a 992 and this is my 3rd car from them. Not even sure I can go just suprised not to be invited. :?:

Be insulted ......

Ask them if this was an oversight as you were thinking of purchasing another car for a family member

You should be one of their special guests.....just rock up and ask for your friendly car sales manager. Then remember to book a taxi or ask for a lift home as you will need to mash some food and drinks !!!

sideways said:
nigel99 said:
Magic919 said:
Guildford is 21st March.

I'll be there. Invite arrived on Thursday.
Should I be insulted Guildford didn't invite me :dont know:
Given I ordered a 992 and this is my 3rd car from them. Not even sure I can go just suprised not to be invited. :?:

I can only assume that since you have already ordered one, you are not likely to order another one?
Whereas somebody like myself who has a hotline to the parts department to keep their old nail on the road might decide that they have had enough of the useless old technology, cut their losses, and buy a new car instead.

More likely they just messed it up. I have never bought a new Porsche, the people there know that I have no intention of buying one and prefer the older cars, but I still get invited to all new car launches.

MC

sideways said:
I ordered a 992

So they don't need to try and sell you one.

nigel99 said:
sideways said:
I ordered a 992

So they don't need to try and sell you one.
That's what I figured but they invited others who already ordered. I suspect I won't be in country around the date but it sums up this purchase experience.
It's not been fun this time round having to drag replies and help out of the OPC. Think I'll shift to another OPC for the next car. Assuming it is Porsche!
God I sound miserable 😀. Actually really excited car due into Porsche around 1 April and I can't wait. :Dance-Tap:

Yup, you should have had an invite regardless. Im not buying from my local dealer, instead they are over 100 miles away and I still got an invite from the dealer. Porsche Teesside, speak to Keith Penman, best experience ive ever had, been top notch :thumbs:

I bought 2 locally and a GT3 from another and never had an invite to anything other than a new Cayenne launch just after I bought my first.

Saw the new one at Geneva and it is a really pretty thing. New dash is lovely. It'd be a cab for me.

Going to Chester, if I was in the market for one which Im not at the moment, I think the best looker is the convertible, C4S for me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back