Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console paint/coat group buy

Put me down as interested too please. :thumb:

Jeremy

I'm interested also.

Guys, you need to put your names down on the new list>Clicky

Hi there, i am also intersted in painting the console (Carrara White)
Any experience in painted PCM, heating console covers?

By the way is there a shorter version of the centre console?
I have a 997.1 turbo and there is nothing behind the armrest (only carpet)

Thanks,
Rainer

Has anyone had this done to replicate the original grey plasticy coating? Is that an option?

Cheers

Hi all, I was going to get my centre console painted basalt black to match the car but now I like the idea of a hydro dipped carbon effect. Has anyone got an pictures of their end result? I'd like I to look as oem as possible. If that cannot he achieved I will paint it. Thanks all

RainerB said:

Thanks,
Rainer

Hello Rainer
Sounds like you're missing the small storage 'bin' which fills this gap at the rear of the console.
It's available as a spare part, I think in different colours. Not sure if or was ever offered in OEM leather, but I've seen pics on here of it covered to match the French seams on seats, doors and dash. You could have deviated stitching if you fancy.
Have a look at designls perhaps.
Hope that helps

RainerB said:

Thanks,
Rainer

I have just completed stripping the switches and having the surrounds painted it's a bit fiddly but straightforward my console was already painted body colour the light in the pics make the surrounds lighter however in the flesh its all spot on some pics here

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=135648&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

Good thread here showing how to strip PCM not a 5 minute job

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tech-how/331998-997-pcm-face-removal.html

So I have booked for the hard back seats to be painted in exterior colour (arctic silfer) with wicked coatings as you guys seem to be happy with their work.

My question is. Which parts came from factory painted if that option were chosen. Only the hard back or also parts of the base and more importantly airbag module cover and seat lever bits ??!

I would like to replicate what could have been done at factory but cannot find the ultimate answer.

At the moment we have this. I am inclined to do only hard back shell..

Attachments

• f237e48c_9e2d_4b49_ae37_843599d2cf65_529.jpeg
    f237e48c_9e2d_4b49_ae37_843599d2cf65_529.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 647

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back