Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

At last, I''ve joined the club!!

gilford said:
Would you go for a 991.2 though?

Yes they have more torque but the 3.8 engine is sublime! I could of got a very early 16 plate 2s 991.2 but would much prefer the 3.8 engine.

I also wanted the wide bodied C4s, when I started looking in August my initial budget was £65k and a 2s as I thought the 4s was out of my reach, I didn't need to up the budget by much to get one and so glad I did what with all the wet weather we get here in Wales.

There are some nice GTS's for mid £70k's albeit with relatively high miles, stunning car but again I like the safety of the 4WD.

Just make sure you get OPC warranty, the C4s I bought over Christmas had only covered just over 14k miles and the PDK box went on the way to delivering the car to me! £15k to repair! So glad it didn't make it to me and happened in my ownership.

Good luck on the hunt.

Enjoy Gilford, I was in the same position at this stage last year and then set out to find the C4S in my particular spec. It took a while but the options are very limited and the price you pay suffers. I got some good advice on the forum here and delighted with my car which was similar to your own mileage.

Very nice. Enjoy!

Nice 8) Join(ed) the C4ub (sorry had to type that). Put it in loud mode and enjoy :lol: . Going to OPC for 992 roll-out but hope I am not tempted because I know they won't beat a 3.8 natural sound ! Although having seen a new 992 proper turbo picture on the 992 forum.....OMG :grin:

Attachments

• img_e0352_162.jpg
    img_e0352_162.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,383
Purchase made ....

I have also now joined the club! My C4S

Attachments

• 7e62f401_7972_427c_8c15_1d2551096b76_362.jpeg
    7e62f401_7972_427c_8c15_1d2551096b76_362.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,177
MLB9911 said:
Nice 8) Join(ed) the C4ub (sorry had to type that). Put it in loud mode and enjoy :lol: . Going to OPC for 992 roll-out but hope I am not tempted because I know they won't beat a 3.8 natural sound ! Although having seen a new 992 proper turbo picture on the 992 forum.....OMG :grin:

Is this baby yours? :worship:

Lovely! What spec?

I have to admit coming from a long line of M cars and RS Audi's which have all been turbocharged I'm loving the high revving NA 3.8, the pull you get around 5k rpm is very addictive!

Getting excited reading these I am going to swap my 997.2 C4 Manual for 991.1 3.8s PDK with a sports exhaust in the next week, just put my deposit on one sorting the swap over with OPC

I'm looking forward to the sound & normally aspirated engine for me, hope I enjoy it as not driven one as yet.

I was at OPC yesterday as I promised she who she who should be obeyed a MAcan :drive: Bought more extra than a knocking shop ! Anyway they were just sending out their first 992s. Looked nice but will i really want to swap a 991.1 C4S for 50hp and no sound effects......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back