Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

So today's purchase should occupy my mind for a while and rid it if those silly selling your 911 thoughts.
1933 Sunbeam model 8 racer

Will that be your ride on Friday?

Only if we can fit Dave & Jake in a sidecar :grin:

I have this image of us rocking up at Oulton :eek:

no-limit-1935-moto-movie-review.jpg

Now that is cool Ady :judge:

I often think about a chap that lived opposite us when I was a child, he had a garage full of Vincents, Items, and his BSA Bantam TT race bikes ( came 42nd overall at the IOM TT once ) all rusting away from prying eyes :sad:

One day me and his sons got one of his Bantams out of the garage to mess around with, he came out and we got it running, then he was off up the road, no helmet, a couple of laps round the island at the top of our street and then it was put away forever more :sad:

I should go and knock on his door I think :grin:

I think everyone had a relative or knew someone with a BSA Bantam.

But these were not ordinary Bantams, they were full blown race bikes, dolphin fairings, triangular tyres. The Vicents were always my fascination though :grin:
Such a shame that his 2 sons turned out to be very undesireable bad lads :sad:

So cool.
You like an eclectic mix then Ady. :thumb:

Hard to see from the pics on my phone screen but does it need much?
Full refurb or just light recommissioning? Obviously you don't want to lose that patina.
That's the type of patina you save. 8)

kurlykris said:
Now that is cool Ady :judge:

I often think about a chap that lived opposite us when I was a child, he had a garage full of Vincents, Items, and his BSA Bantam TT race bikes ( came 42nd overall at the IOM TT once ) all rusting away from prying eyes :sad:

One day me and his sons got one of his Bantams out of the garage to mess around with, he came out and we got it running, then he was off up the road, no helmet, a couple of laps round the island at the top of our street and then it was put away forever more :sad:

I should go and knock on his door I think :grin:
Hello Kris.It's amazing how many vintage bikes are still squirrelled away waiting to be discovered.I think it's because bikes take up such little space compared to cars and basically get forgotten about.

Marky911 said:
So cool.
You like an eclectic mix then Ady. :thumb:

Hard to see from the pics on my phone screen but does it need much?
Full refurb or just light recommissioning? Obviously you don't want to lose that patina.
That's the type of patina you save. 8)
Morning Mark.
I'm going to leave it as is cosmetically.Money can't buy what time has done and I like the 'oily rag" look. :thumb:

After blowing hot and cold on this I think I need to scratch the V8 itch so the 911 must go!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back