Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension Top Strut Mounting -----------------

-- 997 --

Barcelona
Hi all, as im looking to fit my Techart Lowering Springs and soon to purchase a set of B6, im also looking to get new Suspension Top Strut Mounts,

question is ...

What make is the Strut Top Mounts that Porsche use on the 997 ??

Cheers

J

Sorry can't help you in the original Porsche part but I've just fitted techarts and replaced the top mounts with ones from Design 911.

Pretty sure eBay item 192794966601 will do the job...

Sachs pattern part, at £24 each including postage.

Cheers

...just replaced mine and prior to buying them spoke with Centre Gravity whom strongly advised against buying the cheapo ones and it's better buying them from Porsche which is what I opted to do...they said that the cheapo ones don't last very long...

Thanks for your replys, ill check the sachs, porsche are pretty nuch gonna be pricey still !!

Cheers

K

I think they could be Meyle, but more than likely Porsche probably had several manufacturers doing them, circa £70 each from OPC.

PN for 2wd is 99734301801

STRUT TOP MOUNTS --------

Hi, what make and quality front strut top mounts is recommended to be fitted, am looking to start getting my suspension parts for fitting, so its the front parts im looking first? Any recommmended makes?

Cheers

J

Might want to state whether C2 or C4.

...I recently changed mine following a broken front spring and I had adiscussion with Centergravity and they were clear that genuine Porsche mounts were the ones to buy citing issues with after market cheaper alternatives...I duly ordered mine from my local OPC in Exeter....[/code]

As far as I can tell, there are a couple of sources in the US for top mounts (such as Tarret, Vorshlag) but people usually start with arms and bushes etc., instead of top mounts.

T8 said:
Threads by the same person asking the same question merged.

NB: I keyed the phrase strut AND top into the Search Forum function and got a long list of results including this one that contains advice from Centre Gravity that you should only use Porsche parts.

See -> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=132479&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=strut+top

Mea Culpa, first time round was gonna get bits but had to hold back and do other things, but thanks for input, will look into what you guys sugested regards to the strut mounts and also am looking into other suspension parts suck as coffin arms etc....

Cheers

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back