Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommendations for Gen2 aftermarket exhaust

Magic919 said:
If you don't value all the work Sharkwerks put in, then just buy some pipes welded together.

Classic!

Magic919 said:
If you don't value all the work Sharkwerks put in, then just buy some pipes welded together.

I'm not trying to be funny, really would like to know what makes that value.
Genuine question.

Have a read of their website and see what you make of it.

Haywood and Scott or Milltek are identical, cheaper, and British.

DeMort, do keep us informed on what your customer goes for. :thumb:

Fully concur with the SharkWerks centre muffler by-pass option.

By far the best sound and their customer service is special.. :thumb:

I'm curious about the Sharwerks vs. Hayward & Scott centre bypass pipes. They look identical to me, but one is £1140 (Sharkwerks at 9e; I don't think that includes fitting but I could be wrong) and the other is £432 from H&S themselves.

Has anyone done a back to back comparison of the sound from each? Is the American pipe really worth an extra £700?

There is only so long a company can benefit from being the first to do something and charge accordingly for it. In time, the market catches up with either similar or alternate solutions. It's up to the consumer to decide where the value lies.
Ask Kodak, IBM or MySpace how their first gen products are going.

I've had the Sharkwerks bypass for over four years now and paid under £800 at the time. For a non-x pipe there wasn't a lot of choice then and Sharkwerks had done quite a bit of development to make a good product.

This was before anyone in the U.K. had ripped off their design, but I'd still have gone for Sharkwerks as I don't like getting involved in that sort of thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back