Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommendations for Gen2 aftermarket exhaust

Ian,
Mines got a Cargraphic valved one on it circa 5/6k the others to consider are Akrapovik and Kline Inconel :thumb:

I'm on a Tubi exhaust and love it.

Mine's made by a company called CGR Automotive in Rotherham, it's beautifully built and really looks the part, and I think (more importantly) it sounds great. Cost is in the £2 - £3k region; check out their website.

Excellent .. cheers guys ..

We have a customer that wants various items improveing and I for one dont know which systems sound the best or will offer performance possibilitys .. i just fit the stuff !

Hence my post .. i knew i would get help here :D

Counter Of Beans said:
Mine's made by a company called CGR Automotive in Rotherham, it's beautifully built and really looks the part, and I think (more importantly) it sounds great. Cost is in the £2 - £3k region; check out their website.

I was trying to find the name of yours COB, for this thread. It's the best I've ever heard. (Decent microphone sets it apart from other videos too)

If DeMort shows your video it's got to be a done deal.

https://www.cgrautomotive.co.uk/single-post/Porsche-911-Exhaust

Cheers James - although actually the video on their website was done by another member on here, Neil911, not me.
Mine sounds pretty much the same though. You're so right about the importance of a decent microphone; lots of vids use an iPhone or similar, and don't properly capture the real sound.

James M-S said:
Counter Of Beans said:

I was trying to find the name of yours COB, for this thread. It's the best I've ever heard. (Decent microphone sets it apart from other videos too)

If DeMort shows your video it's got to be a done deal.

https://www.cgrautomotive.co.uk/single-post/Porsche-911-Exhaust

I've no dog in this fight, but wow that sounds good! Gets my vote over the various videos I've heard.

As an aside, I'd not realised how much PDK slurred between upchanges like a torque converter auto... I imagined it would be more instant like a BMW M3 DCT.

if i had that budget i'd be going for a kline system

Personally i would save your money, and go for a Sharwerks Bypass pipe. I am now on my second one, the sound is awesome and worth every penny. My first one was for my 997 GTS,i have just brought one for my 991 GT3.

Can't recommend them more highly, if you do decide to go ahead i will put you in touch with the owner.

Not wishing to hi-jack, but I'm thinking of one of the x pipe options.
Is there any real reason why one should pay double for a sharkwerks, over a topgear? It's a pair of steel tubes welded together right?
J

If you don't value all the work Sharkwerks put in, then just buy some pipes welded together.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back