Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Mudflaps.....?

Tombri

Has anyone ever fitted mud flaps to a 993?
Does such a thing even exist?

Like these?

Attachments

• mudflaps_511.jpg
    mudflaps_511.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 1,906
  • 1985_porsche_959_paris_dakar_0_207.jpg
    1985_porsche_959_paris_dakar_0_207.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 1,902
Sacrilege IMO!
You may as well fit a plastic draft excluder to the door window :)
However, I have just had to have the bottom of my wheel arches treated for rust, so maybe....

That was the reason I was asking. I think I will get the bottom rear edge of the front arches covered in a clear film similar to that put on the front of thr rear arches on wb cars.

Mine have been pebbledashed to bare metal for 15 years and the metal is still clean with no rust.
I guess if you still have paint on and its clean, you could put clear vinyl on.

angry said:
Mine have been pebbledashed to bare metal for 15 years and the metal is still clean with no rust.
I guess if you still have paint on and its clean, you could put clear vinyl on.
Yep helicopter tape is the stuff. It's cheap, works well but isn't easy getting it to stick.

Funnily enough when I was involved with Tobacco Exporters (Rothmans and Dunhill) in Dubai back in the 80's, we had to prepare a Rothmans Porsch look a like rally car to be put on display at the Hyatt Regency. I told the story before on here, but one of the things we needed to do was to replace the mud flaps on the car. Didn't have anything original so finished up using black rubber floor tiles :lol: they looked pretty good once fitted too.

ATB :)

Thanks Cableguy.
Very helpful and I think they could be just perfect.
Have you fitted these...?

Tombri said:
Thanks Cableguy.
Very helpful and I think they could be just perfect.
Have you fitted these...?

Anytime. I bought this set a few months ago and hopefully fitting in the next week or so when my front bumper is back from the bodyshop.

C.

Cableguy - would love to hear how you get on applying them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back