Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange key request

rocco996

Monza
I have a friend who knowing I have a Porsche has asked me if I have an old key spare, he wants it for an autistic friend of his, who I think would like to pretend he owns a Porsche. It would be a lot cheaper, but maybe not as much fun!
Unfortunately I only have the two that came with the car, but I wondered if any of you out there have an old one that you don't have any need for, stuck in the back of a drawer never to be used again that you wouldn't mind donating? I guess it doesn't matter what it is as long as it has the Porsche crest on.
My old Sierra key was never going to be acceptable 😄
Hoping someone can help. :?:

My son has Autism so if i can help i will do ..

Pm me an address .. ill have a dig around at work ..

Im pretty sure i have a Cayenne key .. i also have a broken memory stick in a Porsche box .. so its basically a 991 key .

Ill post what i can find .

The Porsche badge keyring thing broke on mine and I'm sure anyone with the most rudimentary sewing skills could repair it back to usable. It's been sitting in the cubby under the PCM, so happy to see it go to a good home.

Does he want a wheel :dont know:

I've got a Solid spoke turbo twist that is cracked but I was going to turn it into a clock or a table :thumb:

Couple of pictures of what i managed to dig out , the key in the box is a usb stick .. broken im afraid but its the same as a 991 key.

Cayenne key is brand new .. but doesnt work , customer had it 1 day and left it in his trousers .. then washed them !

The 996 key needs a blade but you can pick up blank ones cheap as chips from ebay .. badge is off a wheel center .. its been sitting on my shelf for years .

hopefully these will help .

Attachments

• keys_146.jpg
    keys_146.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 1,577
  • keys_1_845.jpg
    keys_1_845.jpg
    944.1 KB · Views: 1,577
On the off chance Rocco hasnt sent you an address then please pm me and ill supply it .

i know full well what Autism is like and im sure the young man would appreciate anything he can get.

Seperate note .. if anyone is in the same situation and has an Austic child then im happy to have a chat , my son was diagnosed at 4 and is now 23 and whilst there are many forms of this im happy to chat if needed .

Its not the end of the world , there is help and if i can talk and tell you this then im happy to do so .. pm is easy .. asking for advise isnt .

Thank you guys, your offers are very kind, I have taken deMort up on his offer, FZP I will pm you my address if you're ok with that and I'll bribe the wife for a bit of sewing! HSC911 thanks for your generous offer but that might be a stretch esp as I have to send it to Germany, thanks anyway, post a pic when you do the table! I have a mate who has an F1 wheel table, looks good.

Cheers all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back