Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My first DIY fix.. windscreen washer leak

Mookin

Hello all, think this fix will have already been covered but thought I would share. Went for a spin this afternoon to find windscreen washer fluid was empty. Filled up and tried to wash screen, no fluid coming through.. large leak on the driveway, thought it might be a cracked reservoir... after investigating it turned out to be a tube connection behind the battery had come loose. Re-inserted, filled up and all was well. An eazee peazee fix bit rather satisfying nonetheless. My first 911 fix, a beautiful moment. :wink: slightly concerned as linking tube seems to be cracked at the end and may come loose again? Any ideas for a fix? Do you think the cold weather caused it? Ta

Its always a good feeling to fix something .. why do you think i still fix cars after 37 years :D

Behind the battery is what we call the T piece .. its a one way valve and splits the water to each jet .. these can start to fall appart , you can cable tie the 2 bits together but its best to just fit a new one .. not expensive in the great scheme of things .

There is a seperate pipe inside the wheel arch liner and just above the washer bottle .. its a rubbber pipe pushed onto a plastic one ..

These do come off , best fix is a cable tie once you refit to lock it in place.

Yeh was chuffed was such a simple fix. Ahhh a T Piece. That makes sense. Can this piece be fitted as a separate item or does it come as a whole replacement pipe section? Any links would be great. Thanks.

The picture shows the item im talking about .. it falls appart with age .. you just pull off the rubber pipes and fit it .

Its basically a one way vale that stops the water draining back into the bottle .. if that happens you would need as long press of the washer before water hits the screen .

Attachments

• 996_628_102_00_oem_408.jpg
    996_628_102_00_oem_408.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,435
Thanks for that. Mine is cracked through just under the little square cut out section. I will source a replacement, do my first fix proper.

Its a common fault as these cars get older im afraid .. twist the rubber pipes to remove them .. its a bit of a struggle due to the small amount of pipe to remove ..

To fix something yourself though .. aghh :D

It will be brakes next .. followed by oil leaks.. more tools .. jacks etc ..

But your in the best place for advise to be honest .. this forum has some of the most knowledgeable people i have met .

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an older thread. I have drip drip leak of water from under the sill behind the front wheel arch on the passenger side.

I assume this is a leak of the water bottle or a pipe from the water bottle. Where is the water bottle located?

Paul

Paul,

The aircon drain exits the cabin through the floor about there and just discharges onto the underbody plastics.

Regards
Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back