Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aero or not?

g911omr

Nurburgring
When I bought my C2 I'd already looked at a few cars that had the aero kit fitted and while i liked it, I wasn't sure so ended up with a non aero car.
Now, 2 years later I'm wondering about retro fitting if I could find the correct OE parts.
I've had a quick gander on fleabay and can't find anything apart from after market stuff.
Do they come up for sale and if so what should I be paying?
:?:

I'm in the same boat - although I don't want the tail only the skirts/lip/etc!

Ive been watching ebay for about 6-9 months and in that time only ever seen one set of side skirts (which I bought) and only cracked or damage front bumpers. There is a front bumper on ebay at the moment that is slightly damaged.

Im still not sure yet on what Im doing with mine yet so mk2 skirts could be for sale.

What about aftermarket replica's, anything any good or are the generally crap in both quality and looks?

I actually did the opposite. My 996.2 had the Sport Design wheels and Aero kit with the fixed spoiler and side skirts. I removed the fixed spoiler and wheels and fitted the retractable spoiler with five spoke Carrera wheels. I've still got the fixed spoiler, it's abroad and too big to fit in a suit case otherwise I'd have brought it back to the UK and sold it on eBay. Both styles look nice and it's individual taste. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I don't need to post as my views are known. Aero.

As I've said I can almost live with the standard car apart from the weedy front bumper. There's just nothing to it.

Before

After

Some copy parts are good.
I have a spare pair of mk1 skirts. They're the expensive ones (£400 per pair) from Porscheshop.
Very good fit and are made from plastic not cheap fibreglass.

Ironically I tried to sell them with an £80 start bid and got no bids.
I'm keeping them now though anyway as 'Sod's law" dictates I'll sell them then run over something and damage mine. :grin:

You'd need to budget £1k for wing, £500/£600 for bumper, £300/£400 for used genuine skirts, then there's the skirt fitting kit, spoiler delete wiring loom, gurney strip, front skirt, plus all fixings.
Then plus paint obviously.

Not a cheap little project. :eek:

Side skirts etc.

I have a bit of a dilemma.
As some will have read in a previous post I originally bought a gen1 996 but then some wheels came up that I wanted and then that turned into the suspension also, which following some dodgy man maths it turned into buying the whole car. So first world problem 2 911's instead of one!

Was never the plan and space is a little tight with both of them plus my wife's 981S and my 535d msport.

So goal is to keep the gen 2 and go for the whole Aerokit II Cup look. I managed to find and buy the rear spoiler yesterday 😎 (Thanks to Jin)
I still trying to find mkII side skirts, they can be had new for £700ish but like most would prefer to find a good used pair.

The other problem is the gen1 it has had a full aerokit fitted all genuine parts also with the wheels recently refurbed and like new. With prices on the low side for the cars at the moment, am I better putting the car back to as it left the factory and realise the price of the aerokit? I know it means getting a bumper and engine lid, but I retired and have the time to tinker on my cars.

I also have the 5 spoke Carrera wheels off the gen 2 which are again as new, not been on a car since the refurb.

As long term goal is to get some genuine recaro buckets and do a rear seat delete there some expense on the horizon so in my mind it seems to make sense to release some money from the parts store I seem to have developed

Wanted
Gen 2 side skirts
Rear seat delete carpet, (one without seatbelts openings and Velcro)

Potentially available
Gen1 aerokit
Including
Taco wing and engine decklid
Front GT3 bumper with centre opening with recently fitted zunsport grills
Side skirts
Aerokit wheels GT3 look but not same width.

Gen 2 wheels and tyres not been on a car since refurbed

I also have but think I may use are
Gen 1 rear mufflers and ceramic coated cats, but these will prob go onto car as it has muffler bypass pipes on it from when I purchased the car and they sound awful.

Then a set of gen 2 mufflers which have had the Carnewal mod which I will prob put on the gen 2 when they finally let go.

And an MO30 off the gen 2 which were replaced with EXE-TC setup. Not sure whether to put these on the gen 1 as it has some pretty new but cheap coil overs which look a little fast and furious!!!!

Sorry for the waffle, but who would think it more of a problem having 2 cars than one!

Attachments

• 11f00f17_8809_44c8_968d_2d0b21f792be_139.jpeg
    11f00f17_8809_44c8_968d_2d0b21f792be_139.jpeg
    510 KB · Views: 3,324
  • 65b0454b_016b_492e_a90a_1bf6006f16eb_186.jpeg
    65b0454b_016b_492e_a90a_1bf6006f16eb_186.jpeg
    719.3 KB · Views: 3,324
  • 89cfa59c_6b34_4e9a_b9d5_636a7095a11b_200.jpeg
    89cfa59c_6b34_4e9a_b9d5_636a7095a11b_200.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 3,323
  • 8910e766_459f_41e8_82eb_54f07f43f2b1_435.jpeg
    8910e766_459f_41e8_82eb_54f07f43f2b1_435.jpeg
    670 KB · Views: 3,323
  • e41417a0_8e66_49eb_8a84_3e7edb4b952d_183.jpeg
    e41417a0_8e66_49eb_8a84_3e7edb4b952d_183.jpeg
    890 KB · Views: 3,324
cobrars said:
Just been relisted too.... No bids... i'm thinking someone could get that for around the £800 mark... You not fancy it Jin ??? You have a MK2, might as well have the full set :thumb:

Even a grand would be a bargain! :eek:

I don't any more...see below :grin:

:thumb:

If anyone has a 996.1 Areo front PU they are looking to move on, please let me know.

Thanks.

Just to add in to this. Im adding a GT3 front and side skirts. Not interested in the rear. In my head its going to look like a 'GT3' touring 996 etc.... maybe!

Anyway I've been speaking to the bodyshop I've used in the past and he no longer paints and fits non genuine parts. He's had way to much hassle in the past trying to get 3rd party stuff to fit. Food for thought on wether to buy genuine or not.

Gt3 aero spoiler

I've got a genuine gt3 aero spoiler you can have for £1300 fully resprayed in speed yellow complete with everything loom fan rubber etc perfect condition

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back