Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Design LS centre console retrimmed in leather

Counter Of Beans

Hockenheim
I've just had my car's centre console and armrest lid retrimmed in leather by Linas at Design LS (based at Fairoaks Airport near Chobham, Surrey).
The car is a 2011 Gen 2 PDK Carrera by the way, with black interior. The original console's paint finish had rubbed off in a couple of places, so I decided to get this done. Photos attached.
Linas does an exchange service; he retrims an identical console to yours, and when ready you take your car to his workshop. He swaps the new console with your original while you go for a coffee at the Hangar Cafe nearby. Or you can post your console to him and refit it yourself.
Linas is a highly skilled craftsman, and a really nice bloke. I'm not sure his communication skills are the best, and it took several months from first contact to getting this finished. But if you're patient, the end result is worth the slightly haphazard admin side of things.
The work I had done cost around £1k and I think you get what you pay for; I'm very happy with the finished item. Linas can apply this finish to just about any part of your car, and it really does look OEM in my opinion.
Anyway, I thought I'd post this as another option to a painted console from the likes of Wicked Coatings.

Attachments

• centre_console_from_right_resized_133.jpg
    centre_console_from_right_resized_133.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 4,087
  • centre_console_front_right_resized_190.jpg
    centre_console_front_right_resized_190.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 4,086
  • centre_console_from_left_resized_115.jpg
    centre_console_from_left_resized_115.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 4,085
  • centre_console_armrest_resized_748.jpg
    centre_console_armrest_resized_748.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 4,086
That looks excellent :thumb:

Very nice COB , Linas is a craftsman but as you say always fun and games trying to tie him down and get it booked in . I had the arm rest done on my gen1 and he had the PORSCHE word as well as the crest, he has the tooling for most of them inc 4S etc.

We did a group buy with him a couple of years ago on here and that was fun and games trying to coordinate that with him , but as you say worth the wait as his workmanship is excellent and IMO OEplus (better than OE) :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_0199_139.jpg
    img_0199_139.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 4,016
Very nice.
I have the crested console lid, kind of wished afterwards that I'd had the PORSCHE version but still a great addition.

Also the tip/pdk surround is well worth getting done whether you plan to do the centre console id leather/alcantara or paint its a nice finishing touch . I changed the theme of mine to Alcantara so had Linas do it in that. as you can see the match is perfect to the OE alcantara arm rest

Attachments

• img_1049_667.jpg
    img_1049_667.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3,949
Cracking job, looks great :thumb:

Linas has a very good reputation on here, would like to get mine done at some point, my centre console is not in the best condition and could do with a re-trim..something else on my ever growing list of future mods :schater:

It starts off as a center console and ends in a full interior retrim, trust me, i've been there 😂😂

Agree with all thats been said, Linus is incredibly talented, his work is first class.

Looks great :thumb:

A really tasteful upgrade to the interior.

Looks fantastic- his work is first class and as good as OEM

Thank you for the kind words folks. One point I would stress is that Linas will remove your existing, then install the replacement console in about one hour while you wait; all part of the service. Obviously no good if you live in Aberdeen or something, granted.

Because he's done lots of these he knows what he is doing and won't damage anything. I don't think the process is especially difficult, but lots of people - me included - are anxious about removing and refitting cabin trim, so using Linas in person takes away that concern.

Meanwhile, that's another job crossed off the list - a visit to Center Gravity and the car will be just how I want it (then I'll sell it, fool that I am!).

Counter Of Beans said:
Thank you for the kind words folks. One point I would stress is that Linas will remove your existing, then install the replacement console in about one hour while you wait; all part of the service. Obviously no good if you live in Aberdeen or something, granted.

Because he's done lots of these he knows what he is doing and won't damage anything. I don't think the process is especially difficult, but lots of people - me included - are anxious about removing and refitting cabin trim, so using Linas in person takes away that concern.

Meanwhile, that's another job crossed off the list - a visit to Center Gravity and the car will be just how I want it (then I'll sell it, fool that I am!).

SELL IT :eek: what why where :grin:

Phil 997 said:

Well, in the past every time I get a car "just so" I get bored with it and decide to sell. I think I just like having a project. I like planning and researching tasteful/subtle mods and when those have been completed, I start looking at alternatives (I rather like the idea of a gen 2 Turbo).

Of course, the sensible thing to do would be to just drive the thing and enjoy the car. The silly thing to do is to sell it having spent lots of money which I know full well I won't get back.

I must admit, this car has got under my skin more than any other I've owned! Next stop is Center Gravity to get the handling perfected, then we'll see what happens.

Great job, I paid for the tooling for the 4S lid and loved it! One observation if you don't mind, I think you need to get the hand brake handle done to match. I did exactly the same and forgot the handle, I posted it to Linus and he did it FOC :thumb:

Counter Of Beans said:
Phil 997 said:

Well, in the past every time I get a car "just so" I get bored with it and decide to sell. I think I just like having a project. I like planning and researching tasteful/subtle mods and when those have been completed, I start looking at alternatives (I rather like the idea of a gen 2 Turbo).

Of course, the sensible thing to do would be to just drive the thing and enjoy the car. The silly thing to do is to sell it having spent lots of money which I know full well I won't get back.

I must admit, this car has got under my skin more than any other I've owned! Next stop is Center Gravity to get the handling perfected, then we'll see what happens.

:floor: :floor: COB thought it was just me , I did the same spent thousands on my gen1 finally got it just right and then spontaneously px it for a gen2 and started again. :grin: :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back