Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Harness loom replaced under recall and found...........

Thanks for the update Pierre, and for posting the fascinating pictures!

I'm still slightly unsure re mine, as per Maurice's comment the reference numbers are for US cars, not ROW, or have I got this wrong?

Cheers

Acme - is yours a 1995 or 1996 model year? The Chassis number after the middle Z will be an R, an S or a T. If it's an R or an S, I'd recommend going to your OPC to get it checked out. Thanks to Christian Sanger (who I'm with right now) for making me sound clever!

Sadly (being a 993 geek!) I know that the tenth digit signifying the year is a T, it's a March '96 build, registered Sept '96.

Thanks

Gavin

...good on Porsche; I have a 95 Mercedes SL and the engine wiring loom which was made by the king of cheap Lucas has a biodegradable outer casing!! Thus it turns to dust...despite cars catching fire and a class action Mercedes refused to help any of the owners!!

ch3tman said:
tyinsky said:
Anyone got a beat solution for a fire extinguisher which does not intrude the cabin much?
This seems like an interesting and discreet option...

Mounted in a 993:

c258d27b_131d_4b11_8ef0_85287a0cbd64_632fef50e6dad4ee3028a49f5ad91e9c77e217f5.jpeg

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-for...u-do-with-your-993-today-79.html#post15120119
pierrebear said:
Yes, the pics are from the engine bay box on the left hand side.

Chet - that extinguisher is a revelation. I will almost certainly get one or two of these.
Did anyone pick one up? ..if so where from?

A recent tragic event for a friend of mine who has lost a 993, Ruf rep, spare engine and numerous parts in a garage fire. 4 portable fire exinguishers did nothing just a heap of ashes and torn metal remain.
I always carry an extinguisher in the passenger footwell.
https://www.bkauto.com/category_s/103.htm

decgraham said:
jhrfc said:
Sorry if i'm being thick where are thos pictires taken? the fuse/relay box in the frunk? or somewhere else?

Hi,

It's in the engine compartment, LHS rear next to the rear fan, black box with a yellow warning sticker on it.

ATB :)

Graham - your car is just insanely clean - I love it!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back