Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Purchase -Should I be worried?

Re: Rear Tyres

DAVIDGT996 said:
265's on the rear mentioned above is the recommended tyres size?

I am not sure they are going to fit on my car. There is very little space at the moment with the 255 Pirreli P Zeros fitted. I thnk there might be wheel spacers on this thing.

Should I remove spacers if fitted and put the larger tyres on or stick with the 255's?

Wait till you have used up the 255 tyres then think about it, there's not much in it so why ditch decent rubber. I wonder what wheels you have fitted? Are they boxster sizes maybe hence the slightly smaller rears? Pics please!

Hi. I'm only on here a few months, new to 996 ownership.
Very good bunch on here with very very sound advice.
Butalotof the time I do my own thing anyway
:pc: :floor:

Re: Rear Tyres

asterix_the_gaul said:
DAVIDGT996 said:
265's on the rear mentioned above is the recommended tyres size?

I am not sure they are going to fit on my car. There is very little space at the moment with the 255 Pirreli P Zeros fitted. I thnk there might be wheel spacers on this thing.

Should I remove spacers if fitted and put the larger tyres on or stick with the 255's?

Wait till you have used up the 255 tyres then think about it, there's not much in it so why ditch decent rubber. I wonder what wheels you have fitted? Are they boxster sizes maybe hence the slightly smaller rears? Pics please!
The rears are pretty much gone so I intend to get them done at the weekend. The fronts look like brand new N rated Pirrelis

Will get some photos up shortly.

Thanks for the replies.

The wheels I think are 18" split rim BBS alloys - the ones with the bolt design round the outside.

Oh, OK, I'd get one of them off and check what the size is, it's Stamped on the inside, 10j is a 10inch wide rim, if it's boxster size it's 9j and the tyre size is probably about right. Usually there's a reason a previous owner has done something a bit different, if they are 10j, spacers and lowered 265 might have been rubbing?

Spacers, tyre sizes and wheels other than standard have Insurance implications. Not necessarily problematic but worth working out what's fitted.

I have 265s on my 996.1 C4 but frankly I wish I'd gone for 285 because they'd look better, both on a 10J rim and in the wheel arch. Thing is donutting them to death is a bit of a no-no on a C4!

I run 285/30/18 on OEM Carrera twists along with the spacer set up most fit on 996's for a better stance and there's no rubbing whatsoever
Or should I say the setup the previous owner installed...

Ive got the front springs in mine but not the rear yet due to a broken lock nut.
I think my front wheels are 7.5" and I was goin to get 7mm spacers for the front but glad I didn't. They'd at least need 15mm. Bought a pair of spacers and bolts but haven't got them on yet due to the lock nut situation. I'll check the fitment/quality before I buy another pair but it'll be 15mm all round

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back