Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new spring recommendations?

rich07

Hi guys, any recommendations for spring replacement over stock springs? design 911 have 4 - 5 different make springs available that reduce ride height by around 30mm which is what I am looking for, but I would like to retain as soft a ride as possible, my 94 coupe has 18's, but has the stance of a land rover. Thanks Rich

I've always used H&R across the years on many cars and they give better ride IMO... Just about to fit a set to my C4 but had them on countless VM's.. AMG's and 2 other 911 C4s

This chart may help but does not list spring rates.
Best advice is talk to Chris Franklin at CoG
At 30mm below std ride height you are into RS area which will mean RS front uprights and possibly solid rear subframe bushes. A full geo will also be required as all the suspension angles will have changed. and the rest position of the suspension bushes will need to be reset or they will fail

Attachments

• ride_height_by_option_and_spring_pt_number_pub_rennlist1_177.pdf
    279.9 KB · Views: 44
Lowering by 30mm and keeping a soft compliant ride does not go hand in hand, otherwise you'd be bottoming out all of the time. You're essentially focusing your movement envelope therefore compliance is naturally reduced.

People like the look of a lowered car but it's a compromise that your back maybe in favour of or not!.

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Lowering by 30mm and keeping a soft compliant ride does not go hand in hand, otherwise you'd be bottoming out all of the time. You're essentially focusing your movement envelope therefore compliance is naturally reduced.

People like the look of a lowered car but it's a compromise that your back maybe in favour of or not!.

Trev
Totally agree, soft and low does not compute, you'll be on the bump stops all the time. Did that with an MG Montego (remember those?) years ago and took it to the south of France, it was dire.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back