Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Cayenne 955 -restoring her back

ragpicker said:
Swiss, did you ever get around to changing the B/C pillars to black? Thinking of doing this on mine but would probably go the vinyl route as removing the C pillar needs the glass to be removed.

Just wondering if you did it and if so, how?

:thumb:

I did try it for a test. I am crap at wrapping I will tell you that for nothing ! It looked ok but she is undecided so for now they have remained silver. But yes B pillar off the car ( really easy to do) but C pillar is a car job without doubt.

Here are the test pics

before

IMG_3010 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

After

IMG_3013 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3016 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Not sure how I ended up on the Cayenne forum but cracking thread, good job :thumb: Where about in Bucks are you? I am sure I have seen your car before!

DucatiRob said:
Not sure how I ended up on the Cayenne forum but cracking thread, good job :thumb: Where about in Bucks are you? I am sure I have seen your car before!

Glad you liked the thread :thumb: :thumb:

Just outside High Wycombe so you may have seen it...:)

Painting wheels-DIY style

So following on from my purchase of some wheels for the wife's Cayenne, I decided these would be a good birthday present for her.

These were them when I got them

IMG_3112 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

All looked fairly good but 3 of them had massive staining on the inside which wouldn't budge, like this

IMG_3186 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

So to make them all match I painted all four of them on the inside

Masked

IMG_3191 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Primer

IMG_3285 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Wurth Silver, clear coat and then polished

IMG_3230 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

One had bad kerb rash like this

IMG_3235 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3236 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

So that was stripped down, masked and primer

IMG_3274 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Wurth silver, clear coat and polished again

Looks better, not perfect but not bad for a shed job !!

IMG_3413 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3412 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Cleaned them all and then as it was a present did a little bit of wrapping :)

Do you think she will guess :D

IMG_3416 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

DucatiRob said:

:floor: :floor: me too , found myself reading the whole thread , nice job Swisstony . I can feel a Cayenne coming on in the new year which is odd as I hated the shape when they first came out but seem to have got used to it now , mind you thought the same about the Panamera when it launched but getting used to that now as well. still undecided about getting a diesel or a GTS or a turbo need to do some more research I think I like the extra external trim on the GTS and the turbo but really like the prices of Diesel :?: :?: :dont know:

Hey Tony!

Just wondering, have you had any phone syncing issues with the LA Power unit and the PCM?

Mine seems to have lost its ability to see the phone for hands free use but kept the Bluetooth for music.

I can still make and receive calls if I use my phone to initiate them and have the PCM in CD mode, but the unit now only says 'no sim'.

Just wondering if you've encountered this before I remove the dash to re-set the unit?

:?:

ragpicker said:
Hey Tony!

Just wondering, have you had any phone syncing issues with the LA Power unit and the PCM?

Mine seems to have lost its ability to see the phone for hands free use but kept the Bluetooth for music.

I can still make and receive calls if I use my phone to initiate them and have the PCM in CD mode, but the unit now only says 'no sim'.

Just wondering if you've encountered this before I remove the dash to re-set the unit?

:?:

yes exactly the same problem happened a few months ago. Music streaming etc all fine but no phone calls. I think a re-set is in order but just not got around to doing this yet as it means, like you, have to take the dash apart under drivers side. Let me know how you get on

Been a while since I posted as the weather meant too cold to work on the car but finally a break yesterday so time to do the rear calipers.

Mucky wheel, grubby silver calipers and dirty suspension parts and arch liner

IMG_3749 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3750 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

Wheels and arch liner off, clean and degrease. Masked and spray painted this time instead of brush painting. The fronts had been done with a brush by the wife prefers spray painting and although a lot more masking is required I thought I would try it.

So
Then painted many of the black suspension parts and all back.
Top hats of the disc will be painted another time.
And ignore the wheels I have replacements ready

IMG_3760 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3757 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3762 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3764 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3763 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

IMG_3765 by Chris Dodsworth, on Flickr

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member