Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Upgrades

Coxy_gti

Had my 911C2S gen 2 pdk for 12 months now, parked it up over Christmas due to having my first child and not getting time to use it..
Looking to tax again in march and wanting to spend a little on it to make it look or feel a little different to when it was parked up.

I'm thinking an air induction kit and don't know what is recommended without having to mess with the ECU.

And also looking to see what can be added to style it slightly different possibly a front lip or a subtle rear spoiler

Any links would be appreciated or anyone selling any quality parts please pm me

Thanks in advance

shout.gif
PHIL...

:grin:

Exhaust bypass for the centre silencer is worth doing. Have a look at the GTS front bumper if you fancy a change. Induction kit seems fairly pointless other than possibly to change the sound.

Phil's the man :thumb:

Personal thing modding, so it's whatever floats your boat, personally
I would go:

GT3/Aero front bumper
SSK - £30 from eBay, brilliant cheap mod
Wheel spacers - 7mm front 15mm rear
Lowered - 20mm, with the wheel spacers makes all the difference to the stance
Rennline semi solid engine mounts

Can recommend Fabspeed cold air induction kit and Topgear centre silencer bypass, didn't need a remap either still runs sweet smooth with better sound.
Both products good quality and look great.
Power may or may not be up, not sure as never measured before and after and now got used to any differences. It did feel quicker but could just have been in my head, definitely sounds better.
Interested in doing wheel spacing next.

But as previously stated by others Phil is the modification maestro!

I've done a few things to my Gen 2 PDK, and with hindsight I'd suggest the following:
*best value mod = LED lights for the frunk, engine compartment and interior, the bright white looks so much smarter than dull yellow
*simplest mod = 7 mm front and 15 mm rear wheel spacers, really improves the stance
*mod you notice every day = Sport Design paddle shift steering wheel, looks soooo much better than the button wheel
*loudest mod = improve exhaust, most simply with a Sharkwerks or TopGear or Hayward & Scott centre muffler bypass
*luxury mod = Ohlins R&T coilovers, expensive at £3k plus including fitting, but very very good
*sensible mod = mesh grilles to protect condensers and rads
*most recent mod = leather covered centre console by Linas at Design LS

There's a few ideas to consider!

Counter Of Beans said:
I've done a few things to my Gen 2 PDK, and with hindsight I'd suggest the following:
*best value mod = LED lights for the frunk, engine compartment and interior, the bright white looks so much smarter than dull yellow
*simplest mod = 7 mm front and 15 mm rear wheel spacers, really improves the stance
*mod you notice every day = Sport Design paddle shift steering wheel, looks soooo much better than the button wheel
*loudest mod = improve exhaust, most simply with a Sharkwerks or TopGear or Hayward & Scott centre muffler bypass
*luxury mod = Ohlins R&T coilovers, expensive at £3k plus including fitting, but very very good
*sensible mod = mesh grilles to protect condensers and rads
*most recent mod = leather covered centre console by Linas at Design LS

There's a few ideas to consider!

Thanks for the replies...
I've already got the sports paddle wheel, was one of my must haves when finding the car and the turbo 2 wheels and an upgraded exhaust which is switchable ( can't remember the name), I think I will invest in some spacers

Where would you get the mesh grills from?

Something simple too, I'm going to get some new mats, do we get a forum discount anywhere for genuine parts

Also and sorry for the questions, If I was to have lowering springs fitted would that affect the pasm?

Thanks very much..

Ps where's this Phil guy !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back