Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Condensers

Stever845

Monza
I finally got round to removing my front bumper today to remove the condensers ready for replacement which was simple enough.Should any liquid have come out , I knew they were leaking and just thought there would be some sort of residue but nothing .
My cooling radiators don't look to healthy either i'm wondering should i replace these whilst in there.
Any thoughts and tips appreciated.

Attachments

• img_9885_863.jpeg
    img_9885_863.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 958
  • img_9875_476.jpeg
    img_9875_476.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 958
...Just completed the same job;water radiators in similar condition but left them because car keeps temperature and they have an easier life being protected by the condensers...also because your system is open to atmosphere you should change the drier as well...oh and replace the o rings for new...

...one final thing; I purchased some PAG oil and coated the new o rings and assembly joints with it prior to reassembling....

Yeh new o rings ordered defo and i was wondering about the drier so great stuff i will order one.
Im gonna put mesh on the bumper aswell :thumbs:

GMG is spot on .. replace the dryer if the system is left open to atmosphere .

You wont get liquid out .. a tiny amount of oil is possible but none wouldn,t worry me .. make sure you add 30 - 40 mls of pag oil when its regassed for the replacement condensors .

Rads look fine .. if no obvious leaks then the next thing you look for is a pink chalky substance around the base .. this would be old antifreeze .. if nothing then dont replace imho .

Now isn't that a coincidence as I have has these replaced under warranty on my Gen 1 c4s

Should i just add the Pag oil on reassembly or get the re gas boys to do it . Obviously i will put it on the o rings etc'
Where does the drier live .

Stever845 said:
Should i just add the Pag oil on reassembly or get the re gas boys to do it . Obviously i will put it on the o rings etc'
Where does the drier live .

A/c post ive only just done .. there is a very obvious picture of the dryer there ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1463074#1463074

Get the guys regassing to refill the oil ive specified ... i would go with 40 mils plus 10 of dye .

1 CM3 = 1 Mil .

Thanks Iain,
superb write up aswell.
Thanks Also GMG.

You guys just saved me a Couple of hundred quid :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back