Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen2 C2S occasionally smoke on start up

Coxy_gti

Hi folks, just looking for a little reassurance, I have a 911 C2S 2010 done 70k
Cars in lovely condition, sounds and drives perfect however and there is no pattern to it, every now an again in my year of ownership, on start up I have had a plume of blue smoke 💨. Oil level is perfect and not used a drop. It's more embarrassing than anything as I have no idea if it will do it or not. Done it around 5 or 6 times in 12 months and always seems to be when your in company you don't want to be in 😩..
Any ideas, is it a major problem or nothing to be concerned about as its rare?

I'm not an expert by any means but all my 911s have done this and I've seen/heard of many more.

It's when it happens more often than not that it's likely to be something sinister.

'Blue smoke' seems to be the common denominator. If it was obviously grey/white/black smoke I might be more worried as that points to oil/water/fuel issues respectively.

No Expert ... Cough *rubbish* Cough .. im sorry i have a cold :D

Youve answered the question though !

The other way to look at it .. you havent used a drop of oil .. if you had a problem then you would be useing oil .

It depends on how long the car is left and at what angle its parked at as to what amount of smoke you get on an intermitant fault like this , also air temp .

Any problem with a car will get steadily worse so just monitor it for now .

Mine does this if I don't put it away in the garage after a drive straight away. If I clean the wheels or whatever and then put it away it will smoke for a second or so next time I get it out of the garage.

Uses no oil so I don't worry about it. Its very easy to get over anxious about these cars !!

Flat 6 Boxer engines do do this sometimes, simply because of the layout of the engine, oil can congregate in a cylinder when parked up for a while, due to where the pistons are sitting in the bores then ignites on startup :grin:

It certainly scares the bejesus out of you the first time it happens though doesn`t it :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back