Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's mine worth?

resigner

Barcelona
2007 C2S Cabriolet
Black
Black leather, extended to dash etc.
Manual
Sports Chrono
SSK
PSE (always on, love it!)
top tinted windscreen
kick plate thingies
multifunction steering wheel
Cruise Control
New stereo
Had a new roof 2.5 odd years ago
Good condition
Looked after, huge history file, was under warranty until 2 years ago or so
Had the oil change every year, serviced as required by OPC and then very good Indy
Has reasonably new PS4S all round

Toying with getting 2 cars instead!

Only thing against it, 81,000 miles. Still, Sounds perfect, looks great, drives well, has always had anything it needed doing, had it almost 4 years.

What's it worth guys? Private Sale I am thinking.

Cheers

£24-£26k.

Must admit, if I was in the position to buy (ie. sold mine) I think I'd be taking it off you.

Good, that's what I thought. Idiot of a dealer offered me "about £18k", what a bellend. They have a manual gen2 C2S, but low spec, and want £41k for it.

Still, toying with changing my car out for a "normal" daily driver in the £10 to £14k region, and something I've always wanted, an MGB roadster :) start laughing!!!!!

Other option is a cheap daily driver for £1500 to keep the miles off mine!!! Rather fancy an MG TF160, had 3 of them years ago, quite fun, can't believe there is one for sale for £1400 on ebay!

Might not do anything either!

benbuhagiar said:
alex yates said:
£24-£26k.

I agree. Around that figure.

If you can achieve that price as a private sale, I would bite their hand off!

GLWTS :thumb:

resigner said:
Good, that's what I thought. Idiot of a dealer offered me "about £18k", what a bellend. They have a manual gen2 C2S, but low spec, and want £41k for it.

Still, toying with changing my car out for a "normal" daily driver in the £10 to £14k region, and something I've always wanted, an MGB roadster :) start laughing!!!!!

Other option is a cheap daily driver for £1500 to keep the miles off mine!!! Rather fancy an MG TF160, had 3 of them years ago, quite fun, can't believe there is one for sale for £1400 on ebay!

I have a fiesta as a daily driver, park it anywhere, heated windscreen for frosty days. no hassle. Brilliant

Agreed 24k is the right sort of money :thumb: :thumb:

Makes no odds to me who you buy from. With a private sale you get an idea of the previous owner and find out more about the car. Some dealers are incompetent w*****s.

I tend to agree with Alex. There are car dealers out there that are basically practised liars, or are at best incompetent fools. And they aren't always at the bottom end of the market either. When I bought my Range Rover, I encountered several of these muppets. For example "immaculate bodywork,". "No it's not, there's scratches all over it and a small dent." "Well, what do you expect, it's a used car." "I expect you not to lie, especially when we're looking at a £50k car!" This, at a JLR main dealer.

Anyway, OP; nice car with excellent history, and I'd be looking for low 20's if selling privately. The problem you might have is that the market isn't strong and the car has (in Porsche terms) slightly high miles. Still, all this lovely February sunshine might entice some cab buyers (cue six weeks of rain!). Best of luck.

Alex from this and previous posts you seem to be teetering on a 997 purchase. Why not gently offer your 996 for sale. With Spring in the air you might be surprised at how well it sells. I couldnt believe how fast my c4s sold. Worth thinking about?
Cheers
Rick

resigner said:

I don't think it's fair to call a dealer an 'idiot" or 'bellend" for offering to buy your car for £18k. He'll need to make a profit on it and £6k is an average profit margin on this type of car.

benbuhagiar said:
resigner said:

I don't think it's fair to call a dealer an 'idiot" or 'bellend" for offering to buy your car for £18k. He'll need to make a profit on it and £6k is an average profit margin on this type of car.

You didn't meet him...... Considering he wasn't going to retail it, he wants to probably make £4,000 for flipping it on straight away without doing anything to it. Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Still, always thought this dealership was overpriced and unpleasant.....

So, Moot point now, the magic words from my Indy today "No sign of any bore score at all" when he Boroscoped it earlier. So car is a keeper, now to get a cheap run about (but interesting) to help keep the miles down :)

Current thinking is an MG TF 160 for under £2k. I had 2 of them back in the day, lots of fun for the money!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back