Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Carrera T tuned by 9e

MaxA said:
Lord Above. 550hp from a 3.0T? That would make it hard to chase you down.

I see that you have new headers (exhaust manifolds) but are you still on the stock turbos, intercoolers, intake? How much boost are you running? And still driveable? Did you get it dyno'd?

I'd love to learn more.

Look at the Nissan Skylines 20 years ago the power reached from those engines.
So I would say how far can it go with bigger turbos etc

Tobyone said:
MaxA said:
Lord Above. 550hp from a 3.0T? That would make it hard to chase you down.

I see that you have new headers (exhaust manifolds) but are you still on the stock turbos, intercoolers, intake? How much boost are you running? And still driveable? Did you get it dyno'd?

I'd love to learn more.

Look at the Nissan Skylines 20 years ago the power reached from those engines.
So I would say how far can it go with bigger turbos etc

I'm still on stock turbos, coolers and intake, going to run the car as it is for a bit and then maybe these come next. Max boost is 1.3, albeit the gauge only reads to 1.0

The T turbos are very small and could be upgraded to those from the GTS or an aftermarket set.

OP, fair play to you for tuning a new car under warranty!

Ken is both a gent and a genius, you're in safe hands with him.

He's done wonders to the 718s so no surprise that he's come up with a special tuning package for the 991.2...

The first time you floor your car after Ken's worked his magic is one to treasure... enjoy!

mazza said:
OP, fair play to you for tuning a new car under warranty!

Ken is both a gent and a genius, you're in safe hands with him.

He's done wonders to the 718s so no surprise that he's come up with a special tuning package for the 991.2...

The first time you floor your car after Ken's worked his magic is one to treasure... enjoy!

The car is totally fabulous :) I've not had much chance to push on in the last few days given our winter weather but I've driven it enough to know its transformed.

Ken was good enough to lend me his 718S development car whilst he worked on mine and thats epic too! I quite fancy buying one to see where it could get to.

Can I ask your opinion on the tuned 718s op? What was the performance like? Also what was the noise like?

911tom said:
Can I ask your opinion on the tuned 718s op? What was the performance like? Also what was the noise like?

Uh oh...he's thinking of modding it already :hand:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
911tom said:

It was rocket ship! Felt like 450-500PS in Sport/Sport + Mode which have the aggressive maps. Boost gauge reading 1.0/1.1 max. The chassis can take it no problem, its the car Porsche should make but it would tread all over the toes of most of the 911 range.

The car is running a full Kline exhaust system with 100 cell cat so sounds quite a bit louder in a gruff/thuggish sort of way :)

GT3ZZZ said:
HSC911 said:
911tom said:

It was rocket ship! Felt like 450-500PS in Sport/Sport + Mode which have the aggressive maps. Boost gauge reading 1.0/1.1 max. The chassis can take it no problem, its the car Porsche should make but it would tread all over the toes of most of the 911 range.

The car is running a full Kline exhaust system with 100 cell cat so sounds quite a bit louder in a gruff/thuggish sort of way :)

:?: :D I can see me heading this way.

Messaging Ken now :bye:

911tom said:
GT3ZZZ said:
HSC911 said:
911tom said:

:?: :D I can see me heading this way.

Messaging Ken now :bye:

I ran a 718 Boxster GTS as a daily before my Carrera T. Ken's car is night and day different.

A mate of mine has his going into a competitors any day now, sounds like some serious gains to be had.

Said mate on the way to pick his modded T up as we speak. Looks amazing from the outside! They've put spacers on, colour coded the splitter and wingmirrors to the wheels.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Said mate on the way to pick his modded T up as we speak. Looks amazing from the outside! They've put spacers on, colour coded the splitter and wingmirrors to the wheels.

Would love to see some pics!

Need to get on the laptop so I can obscure the plate, but yeah, will do.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back