Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 1
991 : 2011-2019 0
997 : 2004-2012 1
996 : 1997-2005 31
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 22
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6529
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
Can I ask your opinion on the tuned 718s op? What was the performance like? Also what was the noise like?


Uh oh...he's thinking of modding it already Hand

Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GT3ZZZ
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 17



PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSC911 wrote:
911tom wrote:
Can I ask your opinion on the tuned 718s op? What was the performance like? Also what was the noise like?


Uh oh...he's thinking of modding it already Hand

Thumb


It was rocket ship! Felt like 450-500PS in Sport/Sport + Mode which have the aggressive maps. Boost gauge reading 1.0/1.1 max. The chassis can take it no problem, its the car Porsche should make but it would tread all over the toes of most of the 911 range.

The car is running a full Kline exhaust system with 100 cell cat so sounds quite a bit louder in a gruff/thuggish sort of way Smile
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911tom
Watkins Glen


Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 2027
Location: Buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT3ZZZ wrote:
HSC911 wrote:
911tom wrote:
Can I ask your opinion on the tuned 718s op? What was the performance like? Also what was the noise like?


Uh oh...he's thinking of modding it already Hand

Thumb


It was rocket ship! Felt like 450-500PS in Sport/Sport + Mode which have the aggressive maps. Boost gauge reading 1.0/1.1 max. The chassis can take it no problem, its the car Porsche should make but it would tread all over the toes of most of the 911 range.

The car is running a full Kline exhaust system with 100 cell cat so sounds quite a bit louder in a gruff/thuggish sort of way Smile


Question Very Happy I can see me heading this way.

Messaging Ken now bye
_________________
996 Turbo - Link to my 3.8L turbo build thread
2011 Cayenne
718 Cayman GTS

350Bhp astra van for work, semi-retired from daily duties
2009 Ariel Atom 3 Supercharged SOLD but never forgotten
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GT3ZZZ
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 17



PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911tom wrote:
GT3ZZZ wrote:
HSC911 wrote:
911tom wrote:
Can I ask your opinion on the tuned 718s op? What was the performance like? Also what was the noise like?


Uh oh...he's thinking of modding it already Hand

Thumb


It was rocket ship! Felt like 450-500PS in Sport/Sport + Mode which have the aggressive maps. Boost gauge reading 1.0/1.1 max. The chassis can take it no problem, its the car Porsche should make but it would tread all over the toes of most of the 911 range.

The car is running a full Kline exhaust system with 100 cell cat so sounds quite a bit louder in a gruff/thuggish sort of way Smile


Question Very Happy I can see me heading this way.

Messaging Ken now bye


I ran a 718 Boxster GTS as a daily before my Carrera T. Ken's car is night and day different.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
The return of Marty Wild
Kyalami


Joined: 04 Nov 2016
Posts: 1776



PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate of mine has his going into a competitors any day now, sounds like some serious gains to be had.
_________________
Life's too short for cr4ppy cars, keep it German!

Boxster S 986.1
Cayman S 987.1 (gone but not forgotten)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
The return of Marty Wild
Kyalami


Joined: 04 Nov 2016
Posts: 1776



PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said mate on the way to pick his modded T up as we speak. Looks amazing from the outside! They’ve put spacers on, colour coded the splitter and wingmirrors to the wheels.
_________________
Life's too short for cr4ppy cars, keep it German!

Boxster S 986.1
Cayman S 987.1 (gone but not forgotten)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GT3ZZZ
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 17



PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The return of Marty Wild wrote:
Said mate on the way to pick his modded T up as we speak. Looks amazing from the outside! They’ve put spacers on, colour coded the splitter and wingmirrors to the wheels.


Would love to see some pics!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
The return of Marty Wild
Kyalami


Joined: 04 Nov 2016
Posts: 1776



PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to get on the laptop so I can obscure the plate, but yeah, will do.
_________________
Life's too short for cr4ppy cars, keep it German!

Boxster S 986.1
Cayman S 987.1 (gone but not forgotten)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum