Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel cap

Lukec4s

Silverstone
Hi all

I just found that my fuel cover doesn't lock. A quick look and I realised the small plastic part on the lid is missing. Does anyone know what his part is called or where I can get one. Hopefully the pic has uploaded

Attachments

• 3a1c5d6d_decb_4bd4_881f_f42d6e66d44f_196.png
    3a1c5d6d_decb_4bd4_881f_f42d6e66d44f_196.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,392
996 201 423 00 Cap

I would try your nearest OPC

MC

Thanks for speedy response I'll give them a call

Sorted only £1.30 ... and there's I was with my trousers down by my ankles waiting for the price.

While on the subject of fuel lids ...
Mine is a bit floppy!
I need to hold it open while fuelling, is there a part I can get to sort this, without changing the lid?
Thanks!

ballcock said:
While on the subject of fuel lids ...
Mine is a bit floppy!
I need to hold it open while fuelling, is there a part I can get to sort this, without changing the lid?
Thanks!

Yes, there is a spring that often gets lost. An OPC should supply. It won't cost much.

when I got my car, the fuel door wouldn't lock. so i bought a new actuator..
I set about fitting it and found that the rod had simply fallen off the old (working!) actuator :frustrated:
it has like a "check cable" to stop it falling off completely.
I re-fitted it. It's been fine since (nearly 3 years)

It's as fiddly as hell in there mind... You don't have much room!

Will investigate thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back