Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Condensation...

Chigster said:
I've had the same thing start on my Targa - a lot of condensation and I mean a LOT. Enough to soak a hand towel once I've wiped down the windscreen and glass roof.

Will investigate this weekend and report back but I am suspecting worn seals on the rear window or roof.

Have a read through this ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116450

You need to pull the rear carpets to see if its damp there , the very back ones under the tailgate ... if under the rear seats then the front glass seal is suspect .. the tubes break off and water can drip onto the rear seats .

usual fault is blocked rear drains though .

Always good to check the bulkhead drains. Remove the plastic covers in the frunk. They are approx 1" rubber bungs with a slit in them and usually full of crud!

Update:

Carpets behind front seats - damp.
Carpets under rear seat base - damp.
Can't tell if the rear parcel
Shelf carpet is cold or wet. Or if the sponge underneath is wet either. I've left some Dessicant overnight and will revisit in the morning.

Looks like lots of drain work coming up.

C

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back