Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 Carrera PDK to Gen 2 Turbo PDK - any advice?

bricheun said:
I miss my NA, this is only 4 days after getting the turbo. Dunno, but a 911 should have that boxer engine wail at 7000rpm which the turbo don't have.

But the acceleration out of a junction this morning at full throttle was a shock, I broke twice the speed limit in just under 4 seconds was a shocker. Never thought it was that powerful.

:grin: they are a bit quick off the mark...then quick to the speeed limit...then quick to license loosing speeds....then quick to warp speed... basically they are quick :floor:

But the exhaust note is thier Achilles heel. The future might be bright though as the 992 might have the same magic other manufacturers are wielding in thier turbo charged sports cars. Tried a few recently and they sound a lot better 👍

One of the "man maths" arguments to myself goes something like this: the Turbo won't need any mods or upgrades. Compared to the money spent on my Carrera (around £10k to date) the Turbo might actually save me money, especially if it holds its value.

But it seems you should spend on the following:
* decent exhaust (Sharkwerks, Kline?)
* braided hoses, pads and fluid
* the DSC module for the PASM
* EVOMSIT remap - although that may not really be needed, isn't 500 hp more than enough?

Again, very interesting contributions on this thread, thank you gentlemen.

Counter Of Beans said:
One of the "man maths" arguments to myself goes something like this: the Turbo won't need any mods or upgrades. Compared to the money spent on my Carrera (around £10k to date) the Turbo might actually save me money, especially if it holds its value.

But it seems you should spend on the following:
* decent exhaust (Sharkwerks, Kline?)
* braided hoses, pads and fluid
* the DSC module for the PASM
* EVOMSIT remap - although that may not really be needed, isn't 500 hp more than enough?

Again, very interesting contributions on this thread, thank you gentlemen.

:floor: :floor: that's what we all say about every car we buy :thumbs:

Are these after market. Any effect on warranty. I do want to get the brakes sorted...

Norfolk & Idea said:
Dunno what happened there....

Easy fix with brakes Nick. Braided hoses, upgraded pads and fluid. Sorted!

If it's a Porsche warranty then anything that's changed from std will mean that the warranty will 'probably' be revoked.
As your going from std pads to effectively 'race' pads and also std lines to braided hoses and also changing the fluid to DOT5 then they will more than likely say no chance.
I drove a car this year that had std discs but upgraded pads and lines and it was transformed, I think Porsche have gone for the longer lasting pads as opposed to the Pagid race/track pads which are the ones to have.
TBH on the road your probably not going to need them but on the track you must have them done and put on a set of Michelins as well.
I've also gone for the Sharkwerks pipe and it sounds really good, has a nice pop in sport mode on the change up! It's also a quarter of the price of a kline.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back