Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT3 wheels on 997 turbo will they fit???

tgdesign

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Gents

I have a 997 turbo but I am looking to change the wheels too the ones off a 991 GT3 with center locks, the question is will they fit :?: :?: :?:

Been center locks you can't use spacers well I don't think you can?

Has anyone on here done it or seen it done before, I know you will need 20" all round as 21" on the rear will mess the 4wd diff up.

Will the offsets work? will the front shocks hit the rim, will the arches need rolling?

Any input welcome.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• rim_120.jpg
    rim_120.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,001
I would pop over to Rennlist and 6speedonline and ask as well pretty sure I have seen a set on a turbo before not sure about the ride and the fit though.

As you're asking, I assume you've already spent on the cl hubs?
Or, if not, I'd check the cost of the parts (and labour if you're not DIY) before you buy the wheels.

Isysman did the cl conversion on his 997 GT2Rs

It would be advantageous to read Isysmans part of the thread where he changed his studhubs out for C/l hubs as this is not a straightforward job.
There are other considerations such as the offset (ET) which contributes to the clearance of rim/ suspension components.
Wheel diameter is also going to contribute as the rim size + rubber profile will be a fair bit different.

For a relatively quick bit of advice maybe a call to Centre Gravity or Chris at Exel wheels may guide you early so that you may get a quick idea if it's worth going ahead ....or if you have the appetite for the change ....

It would be advantageous to read Isysmans part of the thread where he changed his studhubs out for C/l hubs as this is not a straightforward job.
There are other considerations such as the offset (ET) which contributes to the clearance of rim/ suspension components.
Wheel diameter is also going to contribute as the rim size + rubber profile will be a fair bit different.

For a relatively quick bit of advice maybe a call to Centre Gravity or Chris at Exel wheels may guide you early so that you may get a quick idea if it's worth going ahead ....or if you have the appetite for the change ....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back