Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Remote fob (again) Flashes but no unlock

wasz

Paul Ricard
I replaced my remote battery not long ago. (early car 1 button).

The remote then worked intermittently for a week or two.

Now its stopped working.

The light flashes nice and bright on the remote when the button is pressed.

The light in the middle of the windscreen does not flash. (it flashes as it should when the car is locked)

I tried all the various reset procedures, turning the battery round etc.

Is the light in the windscreen supposed to flash in response to a remote signal? Mine doesn't.

----

Any ideas? Worth soldering a new switch on it?

hey OP, any update on your fob.....mine does exactly the same. I put a new battery in, it works for a day, then it seems that the battery has drained and the fob stops working.

easttorks964cab said:
hey OP, any update on your fob.....mine does exactly the same. I put a new battery in, it works for a day, then it seems that the battery has drained and the fob stops working.

I had a key head playing that game. Only thing was to replace it and get the new one coded to the car.

It is still working.

If it drains the battery again I have a new switch to solder in.

Apparently the switches do fail working and could form a path for battery drain. I.e. The spring fails a bit and doesn't completely disconnect.

If that fails then my car will then become a rare, stripped out manual entry model

wasz

Do me a favour young man ..

Lock the car with the key .. leave it 5 mins then unlock it .. wait over 10 seconds and see if the alarm goes off ..

As far as i know if the car is locked with the fob but unlocked with the key you have 10 seconds to turn the ign on or it will trigger .. the passenger door also wont unlock .. im wondering if it is the same as locking with the key or locking with fob and unlocking with the key ..

Basically what im trying to work out is if you switch to useing the key only is it best to start useing the key to lock the car before the fob gives up ..

i think so but your the guinnee pig :p

deMort said:
wasz

Do me a favour young man ..

Lock the car with the key .. leave it 5 mins then unlock it .. wait over 10 seconds and see if the alarm goes off ..

As far as i know if the car is locked with the fob but unlocked with the key you have 10 seconds to turn the ign on or it will trigger .. the passenger door also wont unlock .. im wondering if it is the same as locking with the key or locking with fob and unlocking with the key ..

Basically what im trying to work out is if you switch to useing the key only is it best to start useing the key to lock the car before the fob gives up ..

i think so but your the guinnee pig :p

Yep alarm and horn goes off if I unlock with key and leave it, whether I locked with fob or key.

So locking with key arms the alarm.

Battery in my fob is dead again now. Looks like I will be visiting the electronics lab at work.

Thanks for that .. it answers a question that had bothered me but had never got around to checking .

Re your fault .. it does sound like something is draining the battery in the fob .. iffy switch .. bitch to resolder though if replaceing .. my eyes just aint that good anymore .

it may well be the chip though as i think you would see the odd flash of the red led in the fob if it was a switch fault .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back