Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vibrating Noice sound like its coming from front

If deMort's suggestion doesn't help then it might be useful to turn the aircon & heating completely off, & see if you can still reproduce the same noise.

Right I got the car out today and the knocking noice started about 20 mins after starting. I then turned the fans/heating off and the sound stops. So guessing it's some thing to do with the a/c. Any body had this before

Thanks for the help

Looks like Spike called it - suspect low gas in the a/c lines.
Does the climate chill properly?

I'd get it checked before just getting it refilled. Likely to be due to a rotten condenser. Any history of replacement?

Had the car inspected 6weeks Ago and he said it had a new condenser so do think it's that was also Colling well then not tested it since

That noise due to low a/c gass is a new one on me .. you would need to get it regassed as thats what causes noises with a/c systems.

sp1ke seems like you were bang on the money there :worship:

Well done spike 👍🏼 I'll get a re gas and see what happens. Is it an opc job

Most reputable garages can give you a re-gas and check the system for leaks. I have used kwik fit a couple of times, as I like the fixed price option.

Quick -fit , halfords .. anywhere thats cheap basically .. all you are doing is adding gass .. most machines these days do a leak test so if it fails that they wont gass it but advise it needs to be checked for leaks .

i still find it a bit of a strange noise for a low a/c gass fault .. im well used to them but if the noise goes when its turned off then that is the logical conclusion .

I will be interested to know if a regass fixes it though so please update here .. i learn new things everyday and things like this not only teach me but help others in the long run !

Update. So had the car re gassed today and was out for a fair bit and the knocking has seem to have gone. So thanks for the help If it comes back I'll update again but for no problem solved 👍🏼

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back