Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pvts sim warning light

ukrr

Hi - I'm after a bit of help. I have a preowned 981 which I got from
an Opc without the tracker fobs. Now am getting a SIM card warning light. How can I get rid of the warning or failing that any clues where the previous owner might have 'hidden' the fobs in a 991. I'll call the Opc next week but just wondered if anyone had any insights ?

I think its because the subscription is still active

Give Vodafone telematics a ring, they might if they're in good mood confirm , deny and delete the subscription,
The problem is when you cancel the subscription, Vodafone send a text message to the care, if the ignition is on the text gets rejected and they don't bother to resend it

From memory i think that Normally you will get this warning message anytime the car cant see a fob .. as you have had the car a while ? and it hasnt done this then im inclined to think there is a fob in the car but the battery has now died in it .

Glove box , center cubby and door pockets are the usual but i think you would have found it by now ..

Check the book pack , its not tucked away in there is it ?

To deactivate the system you will need either an OPC or an Indy with the right tester .

Phone Vodaphone first though .. i may be totally wrong but the above is what i seem to remember .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back