Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1995 993 Carrera Buying Advice

mikeknivett said:
I'm still waiting to find out what a bloody Collini stick is!!!!

:hand:

mikeknivett said:

https://www.colliniatomi.it/en/shoe-sticks-art-bas.html

"These items are used to preserve shoes correctly inside their packaging; they also allow you to remove the shoe from their last well in advance of the necessary time to stabilize adhesives and starches. If these are not dried with last usually the shoe itself will curl up. These products also enables you to preserve the shoe even after several months, being confident that shoes have maintained perfectly"

If this is the joke its even less funny than I had imagined

nickjonesn4 said:
mikeknivett said:

"These items are used to preserve shoes correctly inside their packaging; they also allow you to remove the shoe from their last well in advance of the necessary time to stabilize adhesives and starches. If these are not dried with last usually the shoe itself will curl up. These products also enables you to preserve the shoe even after several months, being confident that shoes have maintained perfectly"

:hand: The 'device' is used to inspect for the integrity of vehicle bodywork. I knew the inventor who alas did not patent it so few exist :nooo: However it is very practical with many owner seen to 'shake like a shitting dog' once the stick is pulled out :what:

Zingari said:
nickjonesn4 said:
mikeknivett said:

:hand: The 'device' is used to inspect for the integrity of vehicle bodywork. I knew the inventor who alas did not patent it so few exist :nooo: However it is very practical with many owner seen to 'shake like a shitting dog' once the stick is pulled out :what:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

NIBrown said:
Zingari said:
:thumb: And indeed that's the car the OP should be buying. By comparison not the Hexagon NB rolled in RS glitter :grin:

Thanks Zingers, I may be a bit biased, but think the 5K premium for a WB is worth it, even if the miles are slightly higher, but still low :D

Not many WB's to chose from at the moment, but not my dough that is being invested, OP should go and see several cars before deciding in my opinion, that is what I did at least :dont know:

Good luck with the sale, I always thought that your car looked quite stunning . . . I'd buy it in a flash if I was looking . . .
:thumbs:

So had the inspection carried out and just got the report.

Delighted to say absolutely nothing major at all found, windscreen surrounds, chassis mounts, door straps all fine.

The chap said he was extremely impressed with the car and his closing comments are below.

'Overall, the car presents very well and must be one of the better examples currently for sale, the issues mentioned above are minor and could be considered as general wear and tear. Areas such as the inner wings and rear chassis legs are in remarkably good condition, which helps to verify the low mileage (as do the old but hardly worn tyres). Plus, to find an engine that does not leak at all is very rare – all of these points mark this car out as being a special example"

Just a small Aircon issue to fix and a couple of tiny things which are all being done by Hexagon.

Looking forward to wrapping up the deal and getting the car now!

mikeknivett said:
So had the inspection carried out and just got the report.

Delighted to say absolutely nothing major at all found, windscreen surrounds, chassis mounts, door straps all fine.

The chap said he was extremely impressed with the car and his closing comments are below.

'Overall, the car presents very well and must be one of the better examples currently for sale, the issues mentioned above are minor and could be considered as general wear and tear. Areas such as the inner wings and rear chassis legs are in remarkably good condition, which helps to verify the low mileage (as do the old but hardly worn tyres). Plus, to find an engine that does not leak at all is very rare – all of these points mark this car out as being a special example"

Just a small Aircon issue to fix and a couple of tiny things which are all being done by Hexagon.

Looking forward to wrapping up the deal and getting the car now!

It's yellow in a sea of boring dark blue, Black, grey and silver. Enough said well done that man :worship:

great news :thumb:

Did you get he car?
Still being advertised.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back